Tempe77f

PDS - Sky Sanders 1/19/1968 - 4/12/2014

For those who don't know yet, Sky is no longer with us. He passed away on April 12th, 2014 at 7:00 pm in Queen Creek. He leaves behind a 6 year old son and wife.

A fund has been set up for his family and to cover funeral costs.

http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundraiser/sanders-family-fund-rest-in-peace-sky/165019

Rest in Peace Sky. You were a unique, brilliant, and special guy.

Aw nuts. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sky was an interesting guy; very intense, in a laid-back kind of way.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

What? ...No!! WTF happened? PM me if details are not meant to be public. We connected "way back", when he lost "E". We've lost touch the past few years, yet I fell right now like someone has just punched me in the gut.

BSBD, my brother Sky. :(

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I'm sorry, I had the same reaction when I found out.

All I know is that he was in a motorcycle accident this last Saturday. The best person to talk to would be his younger brother Christopher Sanders. I think they are still waiting for the police report and autopsy.

His brother posted this on Sky's FB account:

"Picked up Sky's bike tonight, will post picture's of the bike and the crash site.

We all went out the the crash site and from the damage to the bike which is very little " right side bar is broke, air breather is broke, carb mounts are broke " and from the witnesses and pictures I took tells the story as best as i can figure out.

He was coming into a big S curve and the witnesses said he was having acceleration issues so we are assuming he was bent down on the right side of the bike messing with the fuel line and was slowly moving toward the right hand side curve and when he was done and looked up he was at the curb and hit it and kept the bike up riding the curb for about 20 feet till the curve started to turn and that's when the bike laid down and pinned his right let under the bike so he could not bail off or get off the bike and he slid about another 20 feet and with his right leg pinned under the bike and hit a light pole with his head, the pole stopped Sky and the bike kept going about another 20 feet and hit some bush's and flipped about 5 times down a bank and came to rest at the bottom.

My brother was the type to keep his personal business to himself, but I feel you all should know how he died, this will help some and bring more pain for others and I am sorry if it does."
Remster

Ah, Damn!

So, Sorry to hear this.
I've been away from DZ.com for a while. I'm just starting to check back in on a semi regular basis.

Though I had little personal interaction with him,
I have some found memories of Sky. We did get to do a few jumps together.

Blues
My photos

My Videos