NancyWSCR15

RIP, Warren Frazier from Elsinore/Perris

Warren Frazier, an “old timer” from Elsinore and Perris at the end of the 60’s and early 70’s, died from complications of Parkinson’s on Dec 18, 2013 at Apache Junction, AZ. Warren jumped at Elsinore and Perris and was known for his sardonic humor regarding skydiving’s evolutionary changes. He was particularly critical of USPA for its failure to recognize Relative Work (RW) as a valid competitive venue. Warren was one of the original “Perrisites”-- when that group of Elsinore skydivers became disgruntled with the DZ’s management and started jumping at Perris. When Perris closed periodically, the Perrisites returned to Elsinore, but proudly retained their name. Several members of that team evolved into “Captain Hook and the Sky Pirates” which successfully competed at USPA’s national championships for 10-man speed stars in the 70’s. Warren was dedicated to his Double LL-modified round canopy, claiming the newly popular Paracommanders (PCs) were too dangerous. Warren respected the abilities of his contemporaries and team mates which included the Krueger brothers (Al, Bud, and Bruce), Leo Orlowski, Dennis Trepanier, Steve Fielding, Donna Wardean, Terry Ward, Jerry and Diane Bird, Max Kelly, Stan Troller, Purple Patty Wilson, Bill Newell, Ron Delmazzo, Hank Asciutto, and Bill Stage, among many others from the early days at Elsinore and Perris. Rest in Peace, Warren. (Info provided by Donna Wardean Dann)

Nancy nailed it. Warren Frazier was a warm hug. When I visited X-Texans Stanley Troller + Hop Harbeson in Nov '67, just after the 1st 10-way Meet, Warren and the Perrisites glomed on to me. We got a 7-way plus fine jumps. Good group. Fine folks.

Listen and Hear Nancy's saying that Warren's Perrisites evolved thru the Krugers (all 3 of them) into goodness we fly in today's sky. An oasis in a dry land.
Thank you Nancy. Respect, Warren. Howdy to Jim + Donna (SCR26) Dann!

Blue Skies you guys. Blue Skies!
Hug Clouds today

Proud Perrisite

From Dennis Henley re Warren Frazier

Dennis, Donna, + Nancy speak of the 5 years or so around '67 - '72 when Relative Workers and USPA both had a "Who needs You?" attitude and approach to one another.

"Thank you for sending this Nancy,
Warren is a person to remember for sure. Sorry to hear of his passing.
I remember Warren having the same mindset as a lot of us in the 60's when it came to the subject of the PCA / USPA sitting on their hands too long on the subject competitive RW. As you stated, his was somewhat a sardonic humor on the subject. I always thought he was a kick to talk with on this and other subjects. Between Warren, Bill Newell and several other So. Cal. RW leaders of the time, our sport had a real tag-team working at pushing the subject of RW on establishment. Their work on the subject came to a head when a meeting was held between Norm Heaton and So. Cal. RW leaders in the Taft Quonset hut in the mid 60's.
Yep, Warren is fondly remembered by many.
Regards, Dennis Henley"

Bummer to say the least, I liked warren and always tried to get him on my loads, a wonderful jumper and A+ guy
D4021, C8295, California Parachutist ID card #237, USPA ASO WE/10 7022 7202. Never did send my NSCR from '73 in but still have the old paper work filled out.
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2014 at 12:29 PM, SCR216 said:

Larry, you can still get your NSCR if you send the paper work to Newell's daughter.

Yes  know but the number would be so high  would be embarrassed to show it considering when I got it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

I agree with Warren's opinion that Para-Commanders were too dangerous. I only made one and a half jumps on a PC before buying a square. Double Ls were way more reliable.

Hi Rob,

As the old saying goes:  'You were late to the party.' 

I went from a Double L to a PC in '64.  I would never go back, never.

Jerry Baumchen