NWFlyer

Blue skies peregrinerose (Jennifer Galbraith)

I learned via Facebook today that a longtime member of this community, Jennifer Galbraith, who posted here as peregrinerose, died last night. I don't know anything of the circumstances (other than it was apparently not skydiving-related).

Jen was one of those posters that I never did meet in person, but that I still connected with. We exchanged many PMs and became Facebook friends - she's one that I'd always hoped to connect with in person one day. I'm sad that I won't have my chance.

Hers was a thoughtful, funny, level-headed voice on these forums and she'll be missed.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

I learned via Facebook today that a longtime member of this community, Jennifer Galbraith, who posted here as peregrinerose, died last night.

That is so sad. She was so helpful with her posts to those who needed her knowledge, skydiving related, and other things. I'll miss her. Chad, we're all thinking of you.

She was always such a strong woman on these forums, I always respected her opinion. I also admired the fact that she and her husband adopted a teenage son. That would be a challenge for anyone, but she seemed to take on her role as a new mom with dedication in trying to make a difference in his life. Her voice will be missed on these forums. My condolences to Chad and her son.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm so sorry to hear that; I always enjoyed reading whatever she had to post. Her family must be devastated.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Jen was one of the most kind, generous, giving, smart, and funny people that I have ever met. I always had a great time with her and Chad. My face always hurt from smiling and laughing so much around them.

One of my favorite memories is when she came to the area and she let her best friend spend the weekend "turning her into a girl." I tagged along, and we went shopping for party clothes for her, we all got a foot massage and pedicure, she cut her long hair to donate, and we laughed the night away with skydiver friends at a restaurant telling funny stories.

She recently mentioned that we would do that again the next time she came to town after offering to help me with my recent surgery from two states away.

My heart hurts at this news. My prayers are with you Chad. The world will never be the same without Jen, but she certainly left it a better place than it would have been without her.

p.s. Bolas, she turned me into Pelthead No. 25.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Oh wow, that sucks. I saw the same thing on facebook, any word on the cause? I jumped with Jen and Chad at Kutztown, Maytown, and Chambersburg. We were both instructors at Dave DeWolfs riggers course. Very sorry to hear this, thinking of all my east coast friends and Chad right now.

:(

Onward and Upward!

NWFlyer

Hers was a thoughtful, funny, level-headed voice on these forums and she'll be missed.

Indeed. Such sad news. [:/] Condolences to her immediate family and her sky family.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Jen and Chad just visited us at Skydive Happy Valley on Saturday. As I watched her work with one of our students, I thought to myself how much she has grown since her days as a packer at Chambersburg. On Monday, she posted on my Facebook wall "thank you so much for a great time, we will be back soon, I was in heaven teaching." I can't believe she is gone. Prayers for Chad.

I'm so sorry to read this terrible news. She was always so sweet and thoughtful on the forums. I admired her strength and compassion with the issues she faced between injuries and raising their son. I thought I'd meet her one day since we're kinda close geographically.

Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends. :(

Always be kinder than you feel.