wmw999

Miguel "Woody" Carrasco

I first met him at Ballunar, about 10 years ago. Nice guy, always had a nice word for everyone, always fun to jump with, and a positive attitude. I'm really sorry to hear about it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Woody will be missed. He and I shared a condo room at the Puerto Rico Boogie in February 2007. Based in Austin, he jumped a lot at DZ's all over Texas. He was a very likable "Salsa" kind of guy - loved FS and lived a pretty good life. It was just too short ...

Flyin'Bob D-5526

Old Guys Rock!

Class act all around, I always enjoyed any opportunity to share the sky with Woody. Very fortunate to have been on a Night SCR jump with him last summer. Here is a little glimpse of his awesome personality from last year's TeXXas 20 ways. Blue skies Woody.

I can't say there are alot of people I like in the skydiving community more than I can say I loved this guy.
Sincere, honest, and always had a smile and a hug for me.
Lord only knows why but thank you Woody for being a part of my life.

Woody, one of my fondest memories of you is from one of my earliest CRW jumps at Skydive Temple. Walt and I were flying in a bi-plane around the edge of a cloud, and you were just up there hanging out with us. We could hear you cheering us on as you flew close by : ) We found ourselves miles away from the dropzone, and landing out near some country road. I remember all three of us getting a ride back from a nearby resident, and that this was when I learned what your real name was....as you introduced yourself to one of the wide-eyed children who watched us land!

You also joined me on my 100th jump. Thanks for the memories.

Blue skies friend, you will be missed
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Woody was on my TeXXas 20-way. I jumped with him before but did know him very well. My team was practicing for the competition when the accident occurred. I was there but not on that jump. I was in class getting my Coach Rating. We spent all afternoon looking at the scene and investigation out of the classroom window. Being semi new to the sport this is my only fatality of someone I knew. I am thankful it was not someone I jumped with regularly, one of my instructors, etc. It was still hard to witness and absorb. BSBD Woody. Go West. Prayers for his family and friends.
Chad B Hall
Woo hoo!
My goal is to make every jump a fun and safe one. Blue skies!
Some of my videos...

Found a photo taken at the Aricebo Observatory in the mountains a few miles inland from the DZ at the 2007 Puerto Rico Boogie. Woody, Ted (Professor), and I made a side-trip from jumping on a cloudy afternoon to see the largest radio telescope in the world (cuz we were all tech geeks...).

Old Guys Rock!

As you all know, Miguel "Woody" Carrasco, passed away recently in a tragic accident. A few weeks prior to this tragedy, Miguel and his fiancé Holly received confirmation that his daughter Maria Victoria has Potocki-Lupski Syndrome (PTLS). This is a duplication of her 17th chromosome. Maria Victoria's life journey will require much ongoing therapy & they want to ensure she receives all possible care. There has been a fund setup to help. https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/fpl2/maria-victoria?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_share_stream.share&utm_campaign=primary_FBshare&og_action=hug&t=3 There is no donation too small...everything counts. Please join us in raising money for sweet Maria Victoria. Pass along and share with others.
Chad B Hall
Woo hoo!
My goal is to make every jump a fun and safe one. Blue skies!
Some of my videos...

I never really knew Woody that well. I met him a few times, and he was an organizer for my SCR jump with 11 other people. He was always very friendly, easy to talk to and gave some really great and detailed advice which really helped me out.

He was an outstanding guy, even with what little I knew of him. I only regret that I never got to know him better!

Blue Skies brother.