PROGRESSIVE

Michael Truffer

I loved reading Skydiving Magazine. I've got probably a couple hundred issues laying around the house in boxes and bookshelves.

Somebody posted a pic of a letter to the editor that Mike responded to, on facebook the other day. Something about some female skydiver who was quitting the sport because us skydivers were filthy, foul mouthed, etc and she wanted off the Skydiving Magazine mailing list. Mike responded with "how dare you call us filthy" :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Right Billy. Seems hard to believe that we only had 3 ways of getting info about what was happening in the sport; rumors, Parachutist, and Skydiving. Everyone knew Mike was writing the facts.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Right Billy. Seems hard to believe that we only had 3 ways of getting info about what was happening in the sport; rumors, Parachutist, and Skydiving. Everyone knew Mike was writing the facts.

Yup...:)
Back when the whole B.A.S.E. thing was starting to grow, Parachutist disassociated itself from even mentioning the word.

Mike's rag told the facts.

We had the 'Company Line' and what was 'really' going on...Parachutist was bathroom reading material, usually took a week to get through it. Skydiving was read cover to cover the day it arrived.

Just like when talking with Mike...ya paid attention.

Blue Skies my brother, thanks for being there all these years. You made the sport we love a better place for everyone.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

He helped me... Then, he hurt me.....

But, we finally made up........

It was great jumping, and always learning, from him again.... I shall miss both.........

Check's in the mail........ ;)

Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

Thanks, Jerry. I appreciate it. I've had a few rough openings but never anything like that, not even when I had a piggy back reserve come off accidentally while in a dive. That darkened the skies for a few seconds but there were no injuries.
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!