airtwardo

Rev. Jim ~ 1/23/13

Jim passed away early this morning due to health issues.

A long time regular at the WFFC and drop-zones around the Midwest, Jim was truly a good man and an unforgettable character that I was honored to call my friend.

Fly free my brother. Be at ease, your friends & family will keep an eye on Courtney for you. She'll do well, you gave her a wonderful start in life, no doubt she will continue to make you proud.

Blue Skies Rev.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Reverend Jim was another guy I never got to know in person but on here and elsewhere and his sincerity with his caring was just striking. He was a man whose love knew no bounds. And there was no pretense from him. HE was real and someone whom I respected as much as I liked. I haven't heard from him in a while and I'm saddened by that.

I've missed you, RevJim. I will continue to.

I am not a religious man, but John 14:27 said, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's amazing to see how many people cared about my dad, it brought tears to my eyes to see how many hearts he has touched. I will be following in his footsteps and hope to accomplish the same that he has. If anyone would like to come to the funeral (I understand that it may be difficult, but words can't even describe how appreciative I will be and have been for everyone's support), then please message me.

His funeral visitation will be 4-7pm on Tuesday and again on Wedensday starting at noon, service will be at 1pm, with lunch being served afterwards. I know that his skydiving friends are from all over the world, but ALL are more than welcome to come.

This is a message I recieved yesterday afternoon from Kortney. I hope that we all will continue to keep this brave young lady in our thoughts and prayers as she puts her fathers final wishes in motion.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

It's amazing to see how many people cared about my dad, it brought tears to my eyes to see how many hearts he has touched. I will be following in his footsteps and hope to accomplish the same that he has. If anyone would like to come to the funeral (I understand that it may be difficult, but words can't even describe how appreciative I will be and have been for everyone's support), then please message me.

My sincerest condolences Kortney.

As you know, your dad was a very special person that made an impression on everyone he touched.

A piece of his and spirit and his kindness live on in all of us that knew him.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Met rev Jim at WFFC and never forgot him. Such a warm and decent guy. He lit up everything he touched with that big heart of his.

He will be missed, now and always.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Wow, working out of the country and not having great internet connection, sometimes takes you a while to find out a friend is in trouble or dies. Rev. Jim is truly a fantastic person who has touched mine as well as other's hearts. He's truly a good person, and I will be missing him greatly. Such a great honor to know, met, and call him a friend.

Blue Skies Always!

CReW Skies,
Bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM