wallet55

Steve Morrell, Saudi Cliff Strike 1988

For one of the original "Blue Skies" jumpers. I have been converting Steve Morrell's old VHS tapes to youtube.
Here is his famous cliff strike that kept him off pan am 103 (mislabled in the video, sorry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL6FB5w0Fls&feature=share&list=UUG2OUatKLenoPws_f5xzzVQ

more videos can be found on the channel, i am updating his memorial page with the video links slowly.

https://sites.google.com/site/thestevemorrellmemorialpage/home

Bob Morrell

thanks for posting, Steve's name came up a few weeks ago at the DZ, we were doing old school 10-way speed stars

I was the team captain at College of Charleston when Steve was at The Citadel, we made alot of jumps together, another was Billy Ray, along with Burke Fitzpatrick and Jack Reed
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I remember one Steve Morrell story as told to me from a friend who was there.

At a western TN DZ, he went up in the C182 intending to do a low (way low) jump. The DZO realized what was happening and got on the PA system yelling "I FORBID YOU TO JUMP" or something like that. Steve had already opened the door, I don't remember the altitude, but it was low. The pilot was screaming at him "NO! NO!" and Steve was nodding with a devilish grin and then disappeared, right over the peas. He had just enough time to flare as soon as he'd opened, causing several spectators around the pea pit to jump/dive out of the way.

I never really met him, but I've been told he was at the DZ when I was there (at the time a low jump number guy)...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ill see if I can download it... It is on an old VHS tape.

I'm not surprised. Most of my old skydiving videos are on VHS too. Well, all of the ones before 2000 anyway. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban