Rainbo

Jenny Martin

Last Sunday we lost a dear friend after losing a long battle with a terrible disease. Yesterday we all said good bye...

Jennifer Ann Zwicke LaVigne Martin
Death Notice

Martin, Jennifer Ann (Nee Zwicke) Age 53, of Milwaukee, left our world Sunday, July 29, 2012, to join her son, Alex LaVigne and her brother, Russell Zwicke, in Eternal peace. She is lovingly survived by her sons, Andrew (Danielle) LaVigne and Daniel (Andrea )LaVigne; her sons' father G. Michael LaVigne; her dear parents, Ernest and Judith Zwicke; her brother, Ernest (Teresa) Zwicke, Jr. and her sister, Janet (Eric) Parker. She is further survived by her loving nephews and nieces: Gary (Kellie) Zwicke and family, David (Tiffany) Zwicke and family, Angela (Andrew) Van Sistine and Dustin Parker. Her zest for life and fun spirit will be especially missed by all, family and friends alike. Her creative talents included designing and manufacturing Zute Sute Skydiving Jumpsuits, various products for Jonco Industries and handbags and accessories for Harley-Davidson. She was a flight attendant for Ryan International Airlines. Memorial gathering Friday August 3, 2012, at NATIVITY OF THE LORD CATHOLIC CHURCH (3672 E. Plankinton Ave., Cudahy), from 9:30 AM until 10:45 AM with at Memorial Mass at 11 AM.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I have a Zute Suit from the late 90's that was fast-tracked for the Skydive Chicago 300 way attempts in '98. Wondering if she was involved in its production? Condolences to family and friends.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Oh baby girl this is so sad.
I remember when you and your dad came out to East Troy, for your birthday to learn to jump together. It was like the air had waited for you to join it. Graceful and gentle in the air. When you were on a load, you did your part without drama or concern. When you went to other DZ', boggie's, para ski meets, you fit in like you had always been there.
The only time I ever heard you say a bad word was when you got a jump suit and it didn't fit. You said, "Guys don't know anything about crotches" It still makes me smile. So you started making jumpsuits yourself.
Love you lady.
HYMM
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

I have a Zute Suit from the late 90's that was fast-tracked for the Skydive Chicago 300 way attempts in '98. Wondering if she was involved in its production? Condolences to family and friends.

If it said Zute Suit it was hers. I know she worked her ass off then finishing them up.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I am sorry to hear about this. I remember as being a class act. I have friends who are still jumping Zute Suits after all these years.

My first RW suit was made by her and I am still jumping it. Jenny was a lot of fun to hang out with and jump with.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Jack - Your post remembering Jenny was very touching. She was a great woman and great skydiver. The only reason I got on some of the loads I did was because of her.

I remember when Jenny, Patty, Lynn Squire & I went out to Xenia, Ohio for a weekend. We made a bunch of fun jumps and I have never laughed so hard!

Jeanne

I have been out of Skydiving for a number of years and I had lost track of her after the death of her son but she had been in my thoughts, and then I recently came across the very sad news of her death.
I first met Jenny and Marty at east Troy in the winter of 1991. As a newbie with 50 some-odd jumps Jenny was approachable with sound advice from the moment we met. She made my first RW suit, and she invited my on my first big way (6). later we would spend fun times and dives at Skydive Chicago, Eloy, and Quincy. A talented flyer and rigger, she was a wonderful source of information regarding all facets of our sport and continued to make suits and Freefly Pants for me.
One of my fondest memories was her attendance at my wedding to one of my Tandem Students. My Best man and I jumped in prior to the service and Jenny was the only one who showed up early to see and photograph it. I will miss her.

I still miss her and think of her almost every day.

At the DZ she was always approachable and never made anyone feel like a "newbie" she was too good to jump with. Off the DZ she was just as warm and fun to be around- maybe more so. She had a huge heart.