nitrochute

Pete Wilson

just learned that one of the jumpmaster/instructors, i used to work with, Pete Wilson has passed away some time back. Pete started instructing at Parachutes Inc. at Lakewood NJ back in the 60's. he survived the crash of a Norseman(aircraft) in 1970 shortly after takeoff. He was one of the Founding members of The Poor Indians Parachute Club. Pete also taught at Ripcord Para Center in the 70's and was the chief instructor/jumpmaster at The United Parachute Club in Pennsylvania from 1978 till the the late 80's.
Pete was a great guy and we will miss him

just learned that one of the jumpmaster/instructors, i used to work with, Pete Wilson has passed away some time back. Pete started instructing at Parachutes Inc. at Lakewood NJ back in the 60's. he survived the crash of a Norseman(aircraft) in 1970 shortly after takeoff. He was one of the Founding members of The Poor Indians Parachute Club. Pete also taught at Ripcord Para Center in the 70's and was the chief instructor/jumpmaster at The United Parachute Club in Pennsylvania from 1978 till the the late 80's.
Pete was a great guy and we will miss him

Pete taught my first jump course at United (Parachute Club) in 1991. Here is a great story about Pete. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3044300#3044300

RIP

Pete jumpmastered me at Lakewood starting in 67. When I became a jumpmaster we frequently shared a room at Barney Millers rooming house in Lakewood... we split the $5.00 per night cost... saved a fortune! Pete was one of the good guys. I'd been looking for him through the Herd folks for some time, and nobody knew about his whereabouts.

RIP Pete