riddler

Jim Dishroon

I was informed by his pastor that he passed away about a few weeks ago, on June 7th, 2012. He was 86, and survived by his wife, three children and one grand-daughter.

http://www.newcomerdenver.com/obituary.aspx?src=value&obitid=58290

Old-time Colorado jumpers will remember him being at the DZ, and I certainly sat with him for a few hours and talked about the way skydiving used to be. I recall he did a jump for his 80th birthday, and didn't jump much after that.

I believe he had a few thousand skydives. Real nice guy. I was glad to know him and glad that he lived a long life.

Edit to add picture.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I've known Jim for many years and jumped with him in Loveland a long time ago. Several times I got him to talk about his jump into Normandy during the invasion. He was in the military equivalent of a DC-3 and half a dozen of his fellow paratroopers were killed in the air from ground fire. He landed in a field several miles off course because the clouds obscured the spot. Jim was a true American hero.
John Seabury

Sad news. I have known Jim for many years and always enjoyed seeing him pull up to the DZ in his Bug. His enthusiasm and love for jumping was a delight, his appreciation for the jump or jumps he made on any day should serve to make us all reflect on how fortunate we all are.He enjoyed coming to the DZ, observing the goings on and getting his "fix". I remember when he realised that putting an AAD in his rig was going to stretch his jumping days out a little longer, a concession to the inevitable. Congratulations Jim, you lived a long life and you will be missed.

I've known Jim for many years and jumped with him in Loveland a long time ago. Several times I got him to talk about his jump into Normandy during the invasion. He was in the military equivalent of a DC-3 and half a dozen of his fellow paratroopers were killed in the air from ground fire. He landed in a field several miles off course because the clouds obscured the spot. Jim was a true American hero.
John Seabury

I was not aware that he jumped into Normandy. Dang if I had know this I would have loved to talked to him about it more. I guess "my bad" for not putting two and two together. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Just found out about Jim yesterday at the DZ. Sorry to hear this. Jim was awesome. Riddler, I remember the 80th birthday jump! I was on that. It was supposed to be an 8 point 8 way for his 80th and we had to put weight on him because he was always so light and frail we couldn't stay with him.

Really great person who will be missed.

Cheers,
Travis