Treejumps

Gordon Riner, DZO Extraordinaire

I was sad to hear the news of Gordon Riner's passing. Gordon ran several drop zones including Parachutes Are Fun where I and thousands of other jumpers learned to skydive. There are so many great stories about Gordon and PAF. He loved skydiving and loved to see people having fun in the sky. I remember Gordon would often ask people who had just made their 1st jump if they wanted to make another jump. If they answered "I don't have they money", he would tell them he didn't ask them about money and send them up to make another jump on credit. He was the last of a special breed of jumpers and I am lucky to have learned to jump at his drop zone.
BSBD

A link to the newspaper story.

http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/obits/story/gordon-e-riner-accomplished-parachutist/807631

Awesome owner, a wonderful attitude, a great guy to work for, my most emorable story was when he was guiding a student down from an AFF-1 jump: "boy if you don't turn your going to die in the power lines, die in the power lines!." "Airborne".

Miss you my man.