BIGUN

Terry Goode

Message Received:

Tis a sad day in the skydiving world. Terry Goode passed from this life Wednesday Feb 8th. There will be services Monday 13th, 2:00PM, at the First Baptist Church in Glenpool, OK. This info was relayed to me by "Stooby" (DZO @ Skydive Airtight). More info will be on Facebook. RIP Terry. ~Lloyd

Terry,

What I did know of you from MRVS and Tulsa made me realize I didn't know you well over the years and I probably should have made a better effort.

RIP Brother.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

RIP Terry

The thing I remember about Terry the most besides his energy and bios instructional skills was his occasional complaint about his cross braced canopy opening hard and it killing his back occasionally. I guess we all have been there with a canopy opening one time or another. Anyway Blue Skies Terry It was a pleasure knowing you during my time at Skydive Houston.

Chris Chrzan

Terry's obituary:
Terry Wayne Goode, 55 died February 8, 2012 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Terry was born to Alfred W. (Buck) and Shirley Jean Wargo Goode, August 27, 1956 in Watonga, Oklahoma. He was a skydiver instructor teaching everything there was about skydiving. He is survived by his father Alfred W. Goode, daughter Jamie Lynn Goode, son John Bryan Goode, a brother Michael Goode, and sisters, Theresa Davenport, and Rebecca Rupe.

City of Birth :Watonga, Oklahoma
Passed Away At : Tulsa, Oklahoma

When I first got my rigger's certificate Terry handed me his rig and said "lets see how good you are"
Two days later he became my first save...I charged him 2 bucks for scaring the crap out of me.

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

Blue Skies Terry, I enjoyed our time together at Spaceland. It was an honor knowing you and jumping with you. One of my most memorable jumps is an AFF with you on the other side. Fly Free brother!

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

Hi DJ~

The first time I met Terry at Spaceland I was waiting @ the loading area to go do a solo, he came over and asked if I wanted to join a formation and how many jumps I had.

I told how many, and he said, "In that case, ya mind if WE join YOU" :$B|

Great talent and even greater personality...he will be missed!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanks, Terry.

My SO did a week-long AFF-I pre course w/ you at Skydive Chicagoland. She passed w/ flying colors at SD Austin a few weeks later. AFF-I, many moons back, when it was a lot tougher: at 360 skydives.

I still have the training videos w/ you. FLY FREE!

So long Terry, thanks for teaching me how to skydive.

The last jump I made with Terry was a rodeo at San Marcos. He loved jumping barefoot and tucked his flip-flops into his sweatshirt. They were gone when we landed. 
I saw him about a year later in Oklahoma and he was nearly blind from Diabetes. I was surprised. When I asked him if he could see when we jumped together. He said "Not really, that's why we did a rodeo!" :)

You will fly on in the hearts and minds all who knew you. 

I got to work and learn a lot from Terry when he was out here in California (Skydive Monterey Bay)..

I also got to work with him and Bob Holler when we were training tandem instructors - photo attached. Both great guys

I will miss you Terry - Blue Skies

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Damn! We enjoyed Terry during his time with Skydive Houston.

Photo by Jerry Korshak.

I agree, John! Met Terry at Skydive Houston; I loved that he always had time to share knowledge and enjoyed his friendship immensely. Got the chance to hang out and jump with him over Monterey Bay, CA, which was memorable. Never got enough of his story-telling and his way of chilling out.

Blue skies, black death and EFS, brother! ;)

-David Hejl, D-30886