iluvtofly

BSBD Dave Brown :(

This was posted on the "Dave Brown is Missing" facebook page this morning. :(:(

Our family confirms the finding of the remains of our son, brother, cousin, and nephew in Moab. We are devastated by our loss of such a gifted young man. Special thanks to Moab’s Chief of Police, Mike Navarre, and his staff for their tending to us and Dave as a missing person. We also thank the volunteers at Rocky Mountain Rescue Dogs, Dave’s many friends far and wide, and Ryan Shaw and his students at Paradrenalin for their extraordinary efforts in searching for Dave. Dave’s loved ones had not heard from him since June 29. On October 23 a hiker found remains in the mountains surrounding Moab. On October 26 Chief Mike confirmed that the remains belong to Dave. We treasure the concern and best wishes of so many young people that were touched by Dave’s smile and sense of adventure. Private family funeral arrangements are in process. Please respect our need to grieve our loss within our immediate family. Blue skies, Dave. You are so loved and your incredible zest for life will be missed.

I'm very saddened to hear about Dave's passing. A larger than life guy, we jumped together on my FS1 jump (the only time I ever saw him on his belly!) My condolences to those closest to him.

Fly free Dr Dave

BSBD:(

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I will never forget watching Team Mandrin in the tunnel when I shared some of their time. There was such skill, such drive, and it all seemed effortless. Dave Brown could fly with the very best of them, and possibly out fly many of those!

Very sad indeed, but to echo SM1...I'm glad for his family's sake they have closure.

BSBD db!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

I just drove through Moab a few days ago, and Dave was in my thoughts the whole time I was within 30 or 40 miles of there. I never met him, but I was sure trying to think of some way to find him. At least the mystery is solved, albeit not anywhere close to the way we all wanted.
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Dave Brown was that guy.... infectious smile, big heart, full of life and love. I only knew him on the surface, but he had a certain glee to him that spread to everyone he interacted with.

Thanks for the jumps DB. Especially my very memorable 800th. One of my favorites and one of the best videos I have in my collection.

Fly free.

Dave Brown was a friend and freeflying mentor to me. It was through Dave that I was introduced to the girl who has been my partner, team mate, and best friend for the last 5 years. We both flocked to Jumptown Mass for Dave's monthly free freefly coaching and load organizing back in 2006. I learned a lot from him. It was there that I saw 4 way VFS for my first time as he would play video of what Team Mandrin was doing on the big projector. It was mind blowing and many watched speechless. It's crazy to see how far VFS has evolved in the last 5 years from the days when guys like Dave where pioneering it.

Yesterday at the USPA Nationals, a group of us competing in VFS 4way came together for a Dave Brown memorial jump. We built a big 'D' on our heads and folded it in to a 'B' for the second point. The video was shot by Ty Losey of Arsenal and I hope it gets posted online soon. Thanks to everyone who was on the jump and thanks to Ty for getting the jump organized and filmed.

I will never forget Dave Brown and the impact he had on me and in this sport. I'm excited to dig up the video of some of the coach jumps we did together back then and some of the cool freefly jumps he organized. I won't forget how much he challenged me! I'm sad that I won't see him anymore going to Florida for the winter holiday boogies and I'm even going to miss that hilariously hideous mustache he started wearing. Oh yeah, and several people were proudly rocking a fake DB mustache on his memorial jump.

BSBD Dave.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I got an email from Amy C on Monday saying she would grab Ty's camera and get the video on facebook or something since Ty doesn't do the facebook thing. I wish I would have thought to get a copy of it, but I had to catch a flight home.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Dave was a great guy. For a few years he came home to Canada to organize the Canadian head down record back in 06, 07. He always had a smile on his face and a word of encouragement for everyone involved in the attempts. It was never beyond him to instigate some shenanigans, Like paying Max to jump blindfolded and pull left handed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2iN1BdFk6A&feature=g-upl&context=G267c20dAUAAAAAAAGAA
You will be missed but never forgotten.
BSBD Dave
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.