skymama

Robyn Dahler (skyflower_bloom)

Oh, no! :o

This has been a really difficult summer for me and my plans to meet her at various times kept getting put off.

We had some great PM discussions about a lot of different things. She was a great shoulder to lean on in times of trouble.

My deepest condolences to her family and especially to Braden.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I met Robyn this summer at Sky Knights and immediately felt like a welcomed friend. She talked about her life, in and out of skydiving, and I shared also. As we walked and talked, Braeden was happy to be along for the ride, being carried by mom. Robyn wanted to make a jump and needed someone to watch Braeden, so I happily volunteered. I have two daughters at home, and told Robyn that we would have to plan a trip when I would bring my nine year old, Megan, who would love to watch and play with Braeden.

Braeden and I had a fun time playing while Robyn flew to altitude and jumped. He enjoyed playing the bam game, where he would lightly tap his toy hammer to my head and I would fall down (from my knees) reeling from the impact. Robyn voiced her modest displeasure at the remotest sense of violence, but could see how much fun Braeden was having, and reluctantly, if only slighty relented.

I had a chance, before she jumped on the PAC, to get a few pics of mother and son. Braeden also enjoyed playing the bam game with mommy. And also took one of Braeden looking to the sky for canopy's.

I only had the opportunity to know Robyn for a short time, but was able to experience what it's like for a person newly met (not a stranger), to feel the warmth of an open
heart and a giving spirit, like I've never felt before.

It is my hope that Braeden continues to be raised with the love, compassion and conviction of a mother who was overjoyed to be nurturing and raising the love of her life.

Blue skies Robyn

Thanks for posting those.
Even though we had discussed him numerous times, I hadn't seen a picture of him before.

Still having trouble accepting it.
Still asking "why?"
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I had the opportunity to coach Robyn while she was on her vacation to Elsinore. She had an incredibly free, beautiful soul and always marched to the beat of her own drum. Her pursuit and passion for the sky was unmatched with her messages to me and her posts in this forum. I'll never forget her laugh and smile.

RIP Robyn.

So sorry to read this. Robyn was an amazing light. I had the chance to jump with her a few times, and took these pics; one with her getting some coaching from Emily at Elsinore, the other exiting with Tickle (using DSE's helmet that he was talking about). Sorry Robyn we never got to go up in the paraglider, but thank you for the chats and jumps. You will be missed.

I met her on 9/4/2011 at CSC, and didn't know her on here or facebook, but I did get to spend a few hours talking with her throughout the day. Sad to hear she left us.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

On 9/19/2011 at 10:19 AM, AirPescado said:

I met Robyn this summer at Sky Knights and immediately felt like a welcomed friend. She talked about her life, in and out of skydiving, and I shared also. As we walked and talked, Braeden was happy to be along for the ride, being carried by mom. Robyn wanted to make a jump and needed someone to watch Braeden, so I happily volunteered. I have two daughters at home, and told Robyn that we would have to plan a trip when I would bring my nine year old, Megan, who would love to watch and play with Braeden.

Braeden and I had a fun time playing while Robyn flew to altitude and jumped. He enjoyed playing the bam game, where he would lightly tap his toy hammer to my head and I would fall down (from my knees) reeling from the impact. Robyn voiced her modest displeasure at the remotest sense of violence, but could see how much fun Braeden was having, and reluctantly, if only slighty relented.

I had a chance, before she jumped on the PAC, to get a few pics of mother and son. Braeden also enjoyed playing the bam game with mommy. And also took one of Braeden looking to the sky for canopy's.

I only had the opportunity to know Robyn for a short time, but was able to experience what it's like for a person newly met (not a stranger), to feel the warmth of an open
heart and a giving spirit, like I've never felt before.

It is my hope that Braeden continues to be raised with the love, compassion and conviction of a mother who was overjoyed to be nurturing and raising the love of her life.

Blue skies Robyn

if anyone has any of her old posts or pictures of her or anything send them to me at [email protected] 

braeden

On 5/18/2022 at 7:53 PM, braeden said:

if anyone has any of her old posts or pictures of her or anything send them to me at [email protected] 

braeden

Unfortunately, all the pics disappeared when the new format was implemented. Everywhere on the site, not just this thread.

Your mom's profile is here: https://www.dropzone.com/profile/88546-skyflower_bloom/

All the posts are under 'activity'.
You can read the old threads to understand the context of the conversation.