keithbar

Pete Certain

pete you were one of my best friends in life. and i will see you and chris martin on the other side we will do a 3 way w/s together. I'll go low and you guys will laugh at me for being a fat boy.. ... there is no emoticon to equal my sorrow. fly free my brother.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

pete you were one of my best friends in life. and i will see you and chris martin on the other side we will do a 3 way w/s together. I'll go low and you guys will laugh at me for being a fat boy.. ... there is no emoticon to equal my sorrow. fly free my brother.

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I remember when Pete landed off at WTS, and I went to pick him up only to find him on the road trying to coax a copper head off the road so it wouldn't get run over.

Pete was a good person to both man and beast or reptile in the case above.

Definately one of the good guys.

Blue Skies Pete!
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I've known Pete since the mid 90's and although I have not seen much of him the last several years, he has been one of, if not the nicest guys I've ever met. Never saw him get mad and he always greeted me with a wide grin every time I saw him. He will be missed. [:/]

As for a jump memory, I once watched him in free fall (from the ground) on his skysurf board and he hummed it way deep in the beeps before dumping his main. I told him that and all he did was grin mischievously.

I can vouch that he definitely lived his life like few people could.

Blue Skies Pete

[:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I met Pete a few years ago at a early morning antenna jump. After my first jump I grabbed my second rig and went up for a second; that's when I met Pete. After we both landed, I told him that we (my buddies and I) were going to get some breakfast and asked if he wanted to go. This was about the same time he opened his car and grabbed another rig and said he was going up for another. I didn't find that to be strange; what I didn't find strange was that he had about 8 or 9 rigs with him. Later that day I talked to him and he said he jumped them all that morning. I was cracking up...thinking about him having his own personnal boogie out there.
Truth is the distilled meaning of facts, for any truth refuted by a fact becomes a fallacy.

I was one of the pallbearers for Pete's body.

It was so tragic for me too.

Pete and I would do this one harmless stunt. Remember this and do this in his memory for Pete.

GO TO WAFFLE HOUSE AND ORDER PANCAKES! ARGUE WITH THEM AND DEMAND PANCAKES! THEY WILL RESIST. FIGHT THEM!
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174