purple6807

Jack Hammer

Jack! Your voice resonates in my mind with the unique upbeatness, enthusiasm and unforgettable cadence which made you unique. Thanks for all the encouragement, fun jumps, timely advice and unforgettable time on the ground.

Will miss you brother. Off to a new canopy, the ultimate downsize, which I know you will put to the best use watching us from above.

Big hug.

From the "Best Puerto Rican Skydiver I've ever known", as you kindly and jokingly referred to me.

Peace brother, peace. NAMASTE!
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

This is a real Bummer. Jack was an awesome person. I new him from CSS and was there when he had his accident. Watched him walk out of that hospital. We kept in touch over the years since then.

I make a habit of keeping in touch with Quality Human Beings. Think I'll keep his number in my cell as a reminder.

I'll miss you Jack Hammer. BSBD Buddy.

BSBD Brother....... I was already a UPT examiner and had done many tandems under Jack at SDA when jack cross trained me for strong. I was shacking like a newbe on the way to the plane because I had such respect for his knowledge and skill and wanted to impress him. Thank you for sharing your love and knowledge of the sport with so many Jack.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

Jack was out at The Farm Saturday but it was decided it was too windy for him to make his final jump. One even joked, "If we spread them today, some might make it to Hawaii." ;)

I'm sure he's pleased we played it safe and we're all fine with getting back together at a later time. :)
I touched the box but thought later I should have hugged it. Next time. :)

I have to bump this thread!
Sitting here taking a break from packing my own reserve and it had me thinking about Jack Hammer and his methodical and detail oriented methods! His noble personality and spirit keeps on talking to me through every repack I do!
I first met Jack during Mike Gruwell's Rigger course at STF as an assistant Instructor during my senior rigger course.
He taught me so much and he will always be in my mind throughout my skydiving career and every repack I perform!

Thank you for everything you did for me!

BSBD I will miss Jack Hammer!