purple6807

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer - AKA John Sheehy (Skydive Atlanta / Skydive The Farm) passed away in Hawaii a couple of days ago... from a non-skydiving incident. Jack was a very good friend of mine, and the 1st to encourage me to become an AFF instructor many years ago... Thank you for your friendship, our jumps together and encouragement over the years. I'm at a loss for words...You will be truly missed my friend. My thoughts and prayers to all Jack's friends and family.... RIP - BSBD - Peace..... Love you bro...

I worked with Jack at CSS. He was one of the best Instructors I've ever known. I was on the load when he had his Tandem accident that nearly paralyzed him, and was at the hospital with him when he took his first steps during rehab, without the crutches. The look on his face was priceless. I still have the video where he swooped in and stole a kiss from my wife on a tandem. Blue skies, my brother...You were one of a kind.

I was in total disbelief when I heard the news. I still am. I just cannot believe it. You were one of a kind. Always so helpful, always there when needed. You never complained when us manifest girls screwed up or worked you too hard. I will forever miss you. BSBD :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Wow - this is a shock.

I knew Jack when I was jumping in Georgia a few years back. He was always very encouraging and supportive. He helped me out when I was working towards fulfilling my coaching rating requirements.

We miss and love you Jack. See you on the other side.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

There's no need for a long reply. This isn't fair! As mentioned before Jack was one of the good guys!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

I miss you - I had for some time - and maybe I could have/should have been a better friend ... but I think we both did our best. You knew I loved you, I knew you loved me, and that's what counts, right? (I can just hear you laugh.)

I hope you're at peace, my friend. Thanks for all you taught me.

Jack the Hammer is dead...it's just difficult to believe...he taught me to skydive and he helped me to get my AFF rating and my Pro Rating...he may have lived in his own world at times....but he had a lot of good ways about him. After he broke his back in a tandem accident (that was not his fault...his body building student put the brakes on early and held it down until the canopy collapsed) he was just not the same person....but now he's dead...it's over...
We take risk not to escape life, but to keep life from escaping._______________________
It is noble to teach oneself; it is still nobler to teach others. Mark Twain

About 8 years ago Jack saw me and he realized I just needed a little confidence kick to progress in this sport. He provided that boost and gave me some tools to work with. Whenever I had questions about Coach/AFF ratings or about ways to teach, he'd take the time to explain them. I learned a great deal from Jack, and he never asked for anything in return. I could see the smile on his face however, when he saw me succeed. Thank you, Jack. You will certainly be missed.

Another "sanitized" threat...

He was an asshole! Certifiably! And that's after my wife (AFFI, TI, Rigger) and I (TI, Rigger) welcomed him at SDA. What a Snake!!! He turned on everyone (staff), for his own gains...

I will never remember the joy of the air and the fun times I had at SDA without thinking of Jack Hammer.

Was that necessary? I think this thread is for people that thought highly of Jack to say their goodbyes..not for those of you that did not to vent hostility. Please, let those of us who have fond memories of him share them here without your venom.