soulshine

Ashley White - "Ash"

Blue Skies Ash! For the brief time I knew Ash he was a great guy to have around. He came down to organize and shoot video at the Mustang Beach Boogie a couple years ago. It was during that boogie that Peter G. was killed, and Ash was a real asset to us in getting through that incident and making the boogie a success despite all of the bad things that happened. So sorry to hear he is gone.

Holy hell man. I'll never forget our "pin checks"... you know what I mean. You grabbed life by the balls and did a good job of making it your bitch. BSBD.

I am just completely at a loss with a huge WTF..

Thanks for the extra bit of air in the tunnel.... and for a couple awsum jumps when I came to visit.

Fly Free my friend:(

Mahalo Nui Loa Ash,

He worked at PISC ever since I knew him. Rarely do people have the passion and desire for the air like Ash. Regardless of your ability or skill level he was always wanting to add to and assist others experiences in skydiving and BASE. It you who made me a believer in the Raven, it's a solid canopy mate.

I went to jail for him one night in Honolulu. The next day when I got out we had some laughs over some drinks on the N. Shore. He taught me how to wingsuit. Loaned me a suit to jump until I got my own. He was a very gracious man.

His passion extended into surfing, fishing and all around life. You're one of the good one's Ash. Thanx for the time, energy and experiences skydiving and BASE jump'n.

Last time I saw him he went out of his way, ran up to the pickup before we left to load the plane to give me some advice on how to slow some things down. There's not many people who would consistently go out of their way like Ash to help others out in the sport.

Miss ya my friend.

Thoughts also go out to the other 2 jumpers on the load. Hang in there.

E lei i ke aloha no na kau kau.

Maui Mark.

ashley you shit eatin aussie sonofabitch. i remember the day you moved to hawaii. we took you to cholos, and after i kept insisting on more and more margaritas, until you were shitcanned fuckin hammered, you pulled the "im going to the bathroom" but really jumped on your bike and dissapeared home act.

you taught me how to BASE jump. you taught me how fun skydiving really was. you put me on my first two wingsuit flights without question.

you had a heart of gold and TRULY loved deeply helping other people and passing on your knowledge torch no matter who the person was. you went in doing the thing that made you tick.

so i wish you good flights, and i will see you on the other side. well jump some terminal cliffs with 20 minute freefalls. love you brother.

BSBD ya soft cunt!

edited to add: stay strong to the other two jumpers. this is a sad day for all of us, but im glad you two are ok.

~wilson~

Ash filled in for greg gasson shooting my second lift of my keg jump with kelly burton, phil liu, jeffro and myself.

in his exuberance to burn a dvd immediately after the second jump, he ended up getting cross threaded with mike m., his boss, about using some company assets to get the video done up and onto the big screen at the bent prop. he got a butt chewing, but we got to watch the video over a few beers and freak out the budweiser delivery man when he saw us skydiving with a beer keg.

you can see the second jump that ash filmed on my youtube channel under the user name airgump.

thanks ash! for all of the good times that we had while i was passing thru eloy over the years you were there. keep pat m, debbie l, and johnny gates out of the cold beer until i get there. blue skies my brother!

4rust Gump

Damn, I met Ash at the Mustang Beach boogie last year, immediately after we met, he gave me a huge hug and we became fast friends, he helped me through the loss of Peter G at that boogie and it was his advice that kept me in the air after that.

Ash, you changed and affected many people lives in a great way, you will be missed greatly.

Thanks for sharing the ride back to Spaceland in the caravan with me!

Blue Skies, have fun with Peter G up there.

Ash took me up on a couple of jumps when he was practicing for his coach rating many many years ago. He was in the sky with me for my first malfunction, gave me a couch to crash on when I was tent poor and freezing cold, and helped me escape the dz for food, fun, and other shenanigans. Years later, after driving 2,300 miles I ran into him in the Bent Prop. We closed the bar that night, me in my Pajamas with toothbrush in hand. Thanks Ash for being apart of my first winter in this sport and the times since. Blue Skies. Love to your family and friends.

Blue Skies Pal.......you were a true devil in the air. One who really "got" it. I'll miss you dearly . I don't think I'll ever be able to put on my WS without thinking of you.
Even though earth is now a little more lacking .... I'm sure heaven is a much more fun place, now that you are their to show those that are lost the way of the Ash-Man.

Blue Skies Brother,

Jay
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

Ash was one of my bros in this world. We had a lot of good times over the years and I will always remember those times and him. For everyone here that got a chance to know him, consider yourselves extremely lucky that you did get to know him. He wasn't one of the good ones - he was one of the best and I will forever be thankful that he was my friend.
He and I started working in Eloy around the same time. He, Gray and I were all working in the loft together and good gawd we had some fun. Then we worked together at the school there. I loved jumping with Ash. I trusted him. Even when he was making shit up as he went along:)Rest In Peace my brother.
I'll love you forever.
Aaron

“God Damn Mountain Dew MotherFuckers!”

How very unfortunate.... Ash was a great guy. I taught him the BMI course at Eloy forever ago and made many nice wingsuit jumps with him. Last time I got the pleasure of seeing him was in Kauai when he and some others came over from Oahu to BASE jump right up the road from where I lived.

So sad,

Chuck

I don't like many skydivers, sorry, just the way I feel. Too many skygods and other egotistical assholes and then there's Ash. He packed my chop and we did a hybrid 6 of us. That was the most memorable jump of all my jumps. They broke the mold after this guy was minted. I read the fatality section to learn, this time I read it to be sad and pissed.

I knew he was in Hawaii, I hoped to cross paths with him again one day. Ash was a living legend in the sport but would genuinely never accept that title. Too many in this sport remind you of their status w/o being asked. Ash always wanted to help to make skydiving a better and more fun place, not to show off what he knew.

This makes me love skydiving less.

I was dropped off at Eloy because I was out of money, broke, and I knew a DZ could possibly become home. Of course Eloy is the DZ of all DZ's. Perfect weather, Arizona Airspeed, Arizona Freeflight, LEGENDS in the sport.

One of the first people I met and befriended was Ash. He introduced himself when I was working at maintenance and said "Hey, this was my first DZ job here too!" We got to know each other and before I knew it we made a hop and pop from altitude. There were others in the air but he kept zooming me from a distance and we maintained a conversation until about 7k.

Ash and I had a lot of fun times partying in Eloy. He and Kitty sold me their trailer for almost nothing because I was living in the bunkhouse at the time.

Ash, I will always remember you as the man who saved my life. I became stronger as a person knowing you. Because of your love and compassion I am here today.

Blue Skies.