Paulgo

Joan Carson, "Beagle Boogie Babe"

Hello Skydivers,

Today marks the 30th anniversary of Joan Carson's passing. She was a pioneering skydiver and one of the original founders of the dropzone at Lost Prairie, Montana. Joan was the first female skydiver at Beagle Sky Ranch in Medford, Oregon where she got her nickname, Beagle Boogie Babe. Tragically, she was killed in a skydiving accident 30 years ago on the very dropzone she helped create. She was 30 years old.

A little over a year ago, I posted a note on this forum, saying I was a filmmaker and was interested in doing a film about Joan. Well, a year has passed and the support for Joan and the film has been overwhelming. "Beagle Boogie Babe" is nearing completion and a special preview screening to honor Joan is in the works for this year's boogie at Lost Prairie.

Joan was a friend of mine. I knew her in high school and spent time with her in 1973 in San Francisco. The brief time I spent with her was unforgettable and is the inspiration for the film. Please remember Joan.

More information on the project and trailers are available at the following websites:

http://youtu.be/hLksmwW02zM?hd=1

http://youtu.be/sA3Yw7sIGh4?hd=1

http://youtu.be/_OKDWTGrkUo?hd=1

http://www.beagleboogiebabe.blogspot.com

Paul Gorman
Writer/Producer/Director of "Beagle Boogie Babe"

Wow, lots of familiar faces in those clips. Back in the 80's I made lots of jumps down at Beagle Sky Ranch and still good friends with Rodney Holberton and know his dad George as well. Haven't been to the LP boogie in years but might have to go this year just to see the movie.

Will this be available in DVD?
Onward and Upward!

Glad you liked the clips and saw some familiar faces. We have invited all of the cast and crew to see the film so it could turn into a big reunion, which would be a great way to pay tribute to Joan Carson.

We will be screening the film twice. The first showing will be on July 29, and is for cast, crew, and family and friends. The second one be on July 30, and will be for those attending the boogie. There will be no charge for either one of these events.

At this time we have no plan to market the film and will not be selling DVD's at the boogie.

Hope this answers your questions, and hope to see you at the boogie.

Paul Gorman

Glad you liked the clips and saw some familiar faces. We have invited all of the cast and crew to see the film so it could turn into a big reunion, which would be a great way to pay tribute to Joan Carson.

We will be screening the film twice. The first showing will be on July 29, and is for cast, crew, and family and friends. The second one be on July 30, and will be for those attending the boogie. There will be no charge for either one of these events.

At this time we have no plan to market the film and will not be selling DVD's at the boogie.

Hope this answers your questions, and hope to see you at the boogie.

Paul Gorman

So, there is no way to see the documentary unless you were at the boogie?

I like watching documentaries but I do not understand the concept of filming them and then not making them available. R/S, John