JeanJeanie

Sechler! and Bobby..... wow how time flies.....

Thinking of Bobby and Sechler today..... Sending love out to Val and Cory who just got his first car from Wayne and Lynda!
oxox wow, can't believe it has been so long. April sure is a "taker"! Stay safe only a few days to go till May.
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Mark and Bobby...2 of my buddy's from Perris. Mark was my boyfriend for about a yr. back in 79'. I miss his laugh. I can always hear it. I just close my eyes, picture his face and the laugh just happens....I'm sure I have a couple of photos to post...I'll look and post them tomorrow...RIP
Sandy

Hi Jeanie,
'Don't know how to start. Both Bobby and Mark were good friends. I could write a book about all the "Ya remember when we......" and it wouldn't be enough. I remember one time at Perris I was walkin' by manifest and looked up to see a RW load opening with one dirty low puller!! Allen Richter looks up, points at the guy and starts yelling at the top of his lungs,"Sechler, Sechler!!!!!!!!!" and then Mark comes up along side him, points up in the sky too and starts yelling, "Sechler, Sechler!!!!" Ya' shoulda seen the look on Allens' face when he saw Mark standing next to him!!! What a hoot!!

When the last jumper lands and the gear gets put away, turn on the "Green Light" and raise a glass to Bobby, Mark and all our friends!!

Fly on Guys, Fly on.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Bill,
I can remember Sechler doing that...... It was probably a different day, but he ALWAYS got blamed....!

Peace Bill, nice to see you here.
I have pics I will pour through during summer break, scan and post.
I would love to get some of the memories of Bobby to Cory.
Jeanie
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Mark and Bobby...2 of my buddy's from Perris. Mark was my boyfriend for about a yr. back in 79'. I miss his laugh. I can always hear it. I just close my eyes, picture his face and the laugh just happens....I'm sure I have a couple of photos to post...I'll look and post them tomorrow...RIP

This Mark and some of the old regulars from old Perris. Mark and Bobby were such different people but the best of friends.

Sparky

Edit to add picture of Bobby.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Bobby1979Nationals.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/patsteam.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Yeah, a funny Bobby Smith story:

I was one of BJ's proteges from Mammoth. So it's the late 70's, I'm a snot-nosed 18 yr old bein' a ski bum in Mammoth, meet Bob Jones, and end up comin' down to Perris with a group he put together to make our first jumps. My mom and aunt come out to visit and check things out. So at the end of the day we're all standing around where the old packing tables used to be in front of the parking lot, BJ is tellin' stories and reviewing our day, and my mom has a picnic basket full of sandwiches and cookies. Bobby Smith is tryin' to lurk his way past us to get out through the lot and head for the ghetto, and he's taking a wide berth around us lest BJ calls him over. Sure enough, BJ starts sayin', "Yeah, that's Bobby Smith, an experienced jumper, maybe he'll come over and tell some stories...". Bobby's tryin' to look the other way and pretend he doesn't hear, so he can get the hell past us.

Whereupon my mom says, "Would you like a sandwich?"

Head turns, eyes widen, roadrunner cloud straight at us - ZOOM - "Yeah, (stuffs face, scarf) no shit (snarf snarf) there I was..."

Thinking of Bobby and Sechler today..... Sending love out to Val and Cory who just got his first car from Wayne and Lynda!
oxox wow, can't believe it has been so long. April sure is a "taker"! Stay safe only a few days to go till May.

I was walking out of the perris school, getting ready to shoot a tandem, I yelled out at my wife, Check out the cutaway, it was Bobby and Mark rapped!:(

My wife was the first medically trained person on the scene, (that wasn't a dentist) ....We will never forget that day...I just visited with Tony about 2 weeks ago, and rehashed a lot of old times with him!

BSBD Gypsy and Dana....

This Mark and some of the old regulars from old Perris. Mark and Bobby were such different people but the best of friends.

Sparky

Edit to add picture of Bobby.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Bobby1979Nationals.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/patsteam.jpg

Second photo: #2, is that Sally Wenner?

Hi Jeanie,
'Don't know how to start. Both Bobby and Mark were good friends. I could write a book about all the "Ya remember when we......" and it wouldn't be enough. I remember one time at Perris I was walkin' by manifest and looked up to see a RW load opening with one dirty low puller!! Allen Richter looks up, points at the guy and starts yelling at the top of his lungs,"Sechler, Sechler!!!!!!!!!" and then Mark comes up along side him, points up in the sky too and starts yelling, "Sechler, Sechler!!!!" Ya' shoulda seen the look on Allens' face when he saw Mark standing next to him!!! What a hoot!!

When the last jumper lands and the gear gets put away, turn on the "Green Light" and raise a glass to Bobby, Mark and all our friends!!

Fly on Guys, Fly on.

ROFLMAO, I can just see him doing that....