Audrey Jackman

She put me out on my very first jump. A static line, gutter gear, Cessna 182 jump at Perris Valley in Oct of 78. W. Ski and Doo-da taught the FJC the weekend prior, but we were winded and came back the following weekend and jumped with her. There were 56 of us in that FJC and we were originally going to go out of the DC-3. With characters like these, it's no wonder I fell in love with the sport.

Blue skies - Audrey F. Jackman I-78.

Hi 3331,

I only met her once, at the first POPS World Meet in Australia; but she was sure a fun person.

IIRC she was the first or second person to be hauled off in an ambulance when accuracy started. I was either the fourth of fifth to be hauled off. B|

JerryBaumchen

Didn’t make the podium eh mate.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Died 27 March 2011 in New Zeland. She was 81.

:(:(
sad news...
but she is meeting with some great people and old friends where she is now.

http://www.swisspops.ch/wm-2004/gal5/galerie.htm Here she is with Theo Fritschy who left us 10 weeks ago

I was lucky to meet her at the World POP's Meet in Gruyères 2004, and she did impress me a lot, she was camping with the meet staff (even after receiving lots of invitations to apartments) :)
Lots of love from Switzerland
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Tim, any picture of YOU ? (see if I recognize you)

Well shew knew lots of people there, and lots of people knew her. And us yougsters learnt about "how life goes on" thanks to her :)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Nah ,no pictures, I was cruising around Europe on a motorbike at the time and called into the meet when i saw some parachutes from the road as I was passing...only got there in time for the last two days in time to gatecrash the prizegiving, but met up with the Kiwi guys....Eric, Jim Mclean, Audrey and a few guys I had not met, plus a few Jumpers I'd met at various meets around the world over the years....

Audrey was in fine form as I recall....mostly driving everybody crazy.....as she sometimes did....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Bummer news. Glad I'd gotten in touch with her in the past few months. Always a cheerful disposition, even in tough times. First met her at Pelicanland back in '76-'77. Here's a shot of her at the 1980 (?) Nationals. RIP, Audrey.