robinheid

Pat McGowan

Man this sucks...I did my first AFF jump at Perris and my friend personally knew Pat and his wife, Blue. We ate dinner together with their daughter...which was very young at the time. I think he was sitting at around 15,000 jumps at the time and I heard a story about when his daughter was first born that he announced he was going to stop skydiving. My prayers go out to blue and his daughter. Blue Skies to all at Perris.

Paul

My friend Dean knew Pat and was his AFF instructor (I think) and he lived in the dallas area for several years before moving back to Perris...perhaps he got into the cowboys during this time period.

Skydiving lost an icon, but fatherhood lost a hall of famer.

Rich said it better than I could. All Pat wanted to be in this world was the best father a man could be. He was. The world is a better place because of him.
http://www.exitshot.com

Dear Blue,

I am so sorry to hear of the tragic loss of your husband. I had the pleasure of getting to know him when he was visiting Hawaii a couple of years ago, what a terrific guy; he would have to be extra special to be your mate and I can only imagine the pain you must be going through.

I will always consider you one of the most extraordinary, brave, heroic, and extra special people I have ever met. I am hoping that extra measure of courage and strength you possess will help you endure this terribly difficult time. You are the best, and please know myself and so many others share your grief and are sending you our deepest sympathy.
Warmest Aloha,
Tim Harris
SCR-21

I haven't jumped for a while but I did know Pat and jumped with him several times. I can't be there for the celebration at Perris today but I want to help, so I've decided to create vinyl decals of the "PMG" logo using my own equipment and supplies, for sale to anyone. ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO THE MCGOWAN FAMILY.
Note: the pic shown is in yell...ow but I do have an orange roll on order (and other colors available if requested)

Large decal - 6x6" $10
Small decal - 3x3" $5
Custom size decal: $ depends on size

Please contact me if you're interested in purchasing. Spread the word!

Blue Skies and much love,
Rochelle

Amazing tribute...to someone who sounds like was an amazing guy & skydiver !

~ Peaceful Eternal Flights To Him ~

My condolences to his wife, children, family & skyfamily !

Prayers are also with the family & friends of those on the tragic pre-memorial / ash jump load !

Thanks for posting Billvon :)

You'll be missed Pat. RIP.

Pat has been one of mine 4-way Formation Skydiving coaches, at Skydive AZ, back in 1998. Last January we talked on facebook... this news is almost unreal.

My sincere condolences to his wife, children and family.

Blue Skies to all.
-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal

The wheel of life turns and takes as it gives. Many have come then gone within that great circle that lives. Some very few leave footprints on our heart but rainbows in our mind. Patrick was of that so rare kind. Some seldom times a person outshines the sun, sparkles like a star, and etch their memory on all skies. Their being enriched our collecctiive mind. Patrick, Thank you for being you. Hail!
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,