howardwhite

Denis Ducharme Sr.

I'm saddened to learn of the death this morning of Denis Ducharme Sr. D-5274 of Dracut, MA.
He was the ultimate fun jumper -- never much interested in competition or instruction, but always in boogies. And he was an active demo jumper, with a Pro rating. He mostly jumped in New England, but also Florida boogies.
I put Denis out, along with his friend Tommy LaRochelle, on their first jumps in Orange, MA about 40 years ago. I always joked with him that I made a mistake by attaching his static line.
He contracted brain cancer about a year ago.

HW

He most certainly was one of the greats. Riding to altitude will not be the same without him. I have him on many, many of my tandem videos, making the passengers laugh with his antics on take-off and hanging out the door (and onto his teeth).

RIP Senior

:(

The funeral is 11 am, Friday, January 14, 2011 at St. Francis in Dracut, MA. No wake.

An amazing individual, who will be missed by all who knew him. Huge heart, and one of the best storytellers ever. We will have more than a few around the fire for him.

fly free brother

Papa

We just lost one of the kindest, most charitable, most fun to be around, skydivers that many of us will ever know in the sport.

Senior was everything skydiving was supposed to be. He was a fun jumper in the purest form. Whether he was at Jumptown, Pepperell, Skydive New England or any of the other local area DZs, his presence warmed the mood where ever he was. He embodied the word "fun" in everything he did. Everything about him was fun. The 4th of July demos in Danvers, the Plum Island beach jumps and bbq with Butch, the Great White North Boogies, the Santa jumps for the local kids, and all the amazing demo jumps that he did, they were always about the enjoyment of the sport, the fun of it.

He told me once the remote control to his TV didn't need a "channel up or down" button. When I asked "why not?" he said "because I only watch the weather channel." He just loved skydiving.

What a great spirit. Our lives are all the richer for having known Senior.

Amen, Tom, well said.

Denis wasn't just an outstanding spirit in the skydiving world; he was one of the biggest-hearted people I have ever met, period. It breaks my heart to hear that he's gone. I send my deepest condolences to his family, and to Butch.

Blue skies, friend.
May the (relative) wind take your troubles away...

I met Denis many years ago and can honesty say that I never saw him without a smile on his face. I will always cherish the memories and laughs shared with Denis, especially at the Churchill accuracy comps in Northampton. Blue skies my friend.
yesterday has passed, tomorrow is yet to come, live for today!!