peregrinerose

Dick Winters (Band of Brothers)

Yeah no kidding, I wonder how he thinks he is free, by accident?

No matter who you are, someone else paid the tab.

Don't forget to check the location of the poster:D

:D:D:D

Germany...It all makes sense NOW! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Nice piece on Dick Winters in the NY Times this week:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/11/us/11winters.html

We owe Dick and many others so much.

Rest in peace.

Stephen Ambrose who wrote Band of Brothers, also wrote many other books about our 'Greatest Generation', and their exploits during WWII.

Dick Winters and the men he served with are a national treasure that we are quickly losing, and as a nation we are less for it.

We here in the United States should cherish the ones who are left as well as mourn those who are gone...those men & women helped make our nation strong and change the world forever.

We may never see their likes again.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Stephen Ambrose who wrote Band of Brothers, also wrote many other books about our 'Greatest Generation', and their exploits during WWII.

Dick Winters and the men he served with are a national treasure that we are quickly losing, and as a nation we are less for it.

We here in the United States should cherish the ones who are left as well as mourn those who are gone...those men & women helped make our nation strong and change the world forever.

We may never see their likes again.

Amen. Tomorrow morning I am going to the Museum of WWII to video their semi-regular lecture series. All of the lectures (so far) are first person accounts of WWII (tomorrow's lecturer is Joseph Poshefko, USAF who served with the Flying Tigers starting in June of '41). Mostly U.S. vets, but occasional people from Germany, England and Belgium or occasional people from various civilian services. This is a pro-bono gig and I am always humbled and in awe in their presence.

The scary thing is, we are having a harder and harder time finding suitable lecturers. It won't be long before these archives, books, etc, are all that are left of that era.

Dear Bob...WTF? Correct me if I'm wrong but Dick Winters is not a celebrity or sports hero. He's is a World War II hero who was/is 101 Airborne, and he jumped into France and who knows where else, and risked his life for our freedom!!!!! Deeda Dee.

My take on his post was that he probably thought that the OP was about the Band of Brothers actor and not the actual Mr. Winters.
Owned by Remi #?

So, let's consider the issue settled.

If someone would like to make a post to honor Dick Winters, feel free to post it here. If you want to debate whether this thread should still be in this forum, there's another thread for that in the Suggestions forum.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon