fallinbear

Emily Berkley Dec. 19, 2010

Blue Skies, Em.

We will all miss your enthusiasm for life, your cheery voice, and your friendship.

I will never forget how you and Lee reached out to me during a very difficult time in my life.

Much love.

All my best to your friends, family, and especially Kiwi and the pets.

I will miss you. :(
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

M, You were one of the prettiest girls I have ever known and such a kick ass coach.

Had a good jump on Sunday...couldn't help but think maybe you had something to do with it. I cannot remember a more sunny, clear and beautiful December day.

Fly Free Emily.
:(

I only got to meet you briefly at the last Swoop Nationals, but your energy was infectious, as was your smile. I was looking forward to flying with you one day, but it looks like that will not happen.

My thoughts and sympathies to all that got to really know this wonderful lady.

BSBD
Not again!

Emily was not someone I knew well, but someone I looked up to very much. When the fellow I was dating came up to the dz, he immediately noticed her, and referred to her as "skydiving barbie" always after. She was actually way to hot to be referred to as barbie, but he meant it in a good way. She definitely was someone to admire for how she took life by the balls and lived it.

I first met Emily in 2005 when I went to Mile Hi for the CPC nationals. Every time I went there after that, Emily always stood out as an especially friendly and energetic person...the type you just naturally like to be around. I know she had many firends who will both mourn and remember her.

Blue Skies

"Holy s*** that was f***in' cold!"

I first met Emily during AFF as my instructor. She was an incredible skydiver, teacher, friend, and person. She always made time for myself and the other students, even when it meant she would have to forgo a load. My thoughts and prayers are with you Emily. You had an incredible impact on me in the short time I knew you and will always cherish the few memories I made with you during AFF. Blue skies, Emily.

Where you’re at now, I’m sure you’ll have a lot of pull making sure “Little Baby Jesus in his down vest” will keep the skies clear over Longmont, allowing your fellow skydivers to get into the air more often.

Here’s to your energy and love of the sport, raising a glass in your memory.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

It's been a few years since I left but no one ever forgets Emily and the brightness and joy she always brought to the dropzone. I swear after 3 yrs of sharing mile-hi I never saw anything but a smile on her face. Prayers to Lee and the rest of the crew -Ben BSBD

Emily, your smile, beauty, and warm heart are unmatched by any other. I still remember the time you came down on me for jumping without a helmet. Know that I took your criticism that day as a sign of true care and friendship. You will forever be missed by many, but I know that your wonderful spirit will continue to influence others in a positive manner.

With only Love,
James

Emily, there were times that I spent months away from Mile Hi but always on my return you were there, guaranteed to have a smile and a "hello" waiting for me and making me feel right at home again in seconds.

You will be missed but never forgotten.

Simon

I was a nervous student. Emily was there for my level 7, cheering me on in the landing area. She told me how she was terrified all the way though her AFF and she loved skydiving. I looked up to her as a skydiver and came to know her as a friend. She was an amazing person and always full of energy.

Tip of the cougar hat, Em.

Emily was a brilliant ray of light in this sport that we all love. I recall the day she did her first skydive with Kiwi. (the dropzone was never the same from that moment on...)
I've (unfortunately) attended too many memorials of friends in this sport but this one touched a bit more. I've never seen so many attend from so far and so wide. This is a testament to how many people's lives that Emily (and Lee) have touched over the years.
Emily's spirit will live on in all that she touched and be remembered in all that accomplished in her years.
-----
~~~Michael