MissBuffDiver

SCR#7 Don Henderson (007)has passed away

It is with great sorrow and a very heavy heart that I let you all know that Don passed away at 5:38 pm today. He would have been 73 on 12-28-10. His son Barry, grandson, and great grandson spent the past 5 days with him at the hosp. When Barry arrives home, he'll get a Facebook acct. Please feel free to drop him a line or tell him a 007 story. This yr has been very hard for Barry, as he also lost his Mother 9 mos ago. I'm having a hard time typing this. Don was resting when he passed. He was taken off all fluids Nov. 23. He only received Morphine and Ativan in liquid form under the tongue. This little guy lasted 10 days without any nourishment. Last night Barry held the phone to Dons ear and I told him, " it's OK to go Donny. You put up one hell of a fight. I'm proud of you. You've had a great life and we all love you, and we'll see you again. Go enjoy all the jumpers that are waiting for you. I'll be expecting one hell of a kiss pass when I see you again. Have a safe journey and go easy. See you on the other side Donny. I love you very much."...
Sandy

Thanx Steve...I tipped a glass last night. A glass of chocolate milk. Don's favorite. When he drive up in his green VW van my girls would yell, "here comes Don, hide the chocolate milk." I'm having hot chocolate right now. Too cold for beer....and thanx for the friend request on FaceBook. In the next few days I'm expecting Barry, Don's son to join FB. It will give him the means to talk to his Dad's friends...Did you know Don?
Sandy

Hi Sandy,
Hell of a note I say, the 23rd you say, the day my Peggy died!! The Reaper has been swinging really hard lately. 'Got to talk to Don the weekend before the last stroke. I would call him from my old fishin' hole down by the South river on Sat or Sun afternoon and we'd yak for a while and I'd get him riled up over some trivial prank we pulled over the years!! 'Tried to get one of the nurses to give a message to someone there to tell Don I called and was prayin' for him. 'Hope the message got thru. I don't know how he got it but Gene Paul Thacker (Ifin' ya' don't know who he is, go look him up in yer Funk and Wagnals) gave me a movie poster from the old "Gypsy Moths" movie Don worked on. I sent it to him as I knew he'd like it!! When he got it he was so excited you'd think I sent him the keys to King Tut's Tomb!! Fun Times, Fun Skydives gonna miss Don but I will always remember the "Good Times" we had!! That Star up ther just got one bigger with "SCR-007" docking on wrists!! None of that grabing grippers light weight stuff!!, 'Gotta do it right!!

Fly On Don!!!!!!!B|B|

'Ya know the first person he'll probably look up when he gets there is James Dean!!!...Mr. TooB|for School in Person.

SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

With high energy, Don wrote formations into our early skies. Here from history of beginning to today, His page has turned. He cast a tall shadow. What he is transcends what he was.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Don will be missed. Especially at the Ol Farts meets. He made it to the last one, smiling face and all. He looked tired but not to tired to smile. They don't make em like Don anymore. Rest in peace my friend.
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

I'm sorry to hear of Don's passing. He made a hit down here in Texas. Here's a picture of him helping us win our Texas team trophy for the year, circa 1978. He's front row center.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to attach the picture. But, you can see it on my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1529855087120&set=a.1529855007118.2070968.1257020813

I'm sure Bill Newell saw this post. I talked with Bill at length about the first eight-man for an article I did for Parachutist last year. Bill was happy at the time that all eight guys were still around, so I'm assuming Don was the first to pass away. Part of skydiving history, and that's a lot to be thankful for.
SCR-442, SCS-202, CCR-870, SOS-1353

I'm sure Bill Newell saw this post. I talked with Bill at length about the first eight-man for an article I did for Parachutist last year. Bill was happy at the time that all eight guys were still around, so I'm assuming Don was the first to pass away. Part of skydiving history, and that's a lot to be thankful for.

The first 8 way consisted of (In order of entry) Gary Young, Al Paradowski, Bill Newell, Mitch Poteet, Bill Stage RIP, Jim Dann, Don Henderson, and Brian Williams. Bill Stage passed away January 30 2010. The history of this sport grows one light dimmer.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/f8ms_1st_8_man_star_4_sm-1.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals