gemini

Fiona McEachern

My heart goes out to Fi's husband John and the rest of her family including all the Australian jumpers and IPC folks whose lives she touched. I didn't know her well, but she always had a friendly smile and encouragement ready. I will miss her.

Blue skies,

Jim

Fiona organized my first jump at the Skysisters boogie in 2007. I told her that I had not jumped in over three months but she put me on a starcrest jump. I was not sure that I could handle an 8 way but she was confident that I could and I believed her.

I was the fourth person in the base, opposite her. I approached so slowly to avoid going low. I will forever remember her sweet smile as I approached, beckoning me to take my slot. When I finally did, she beamed and I felt a sense of accomplishment like never before or after.

Fiona embodies everything that is good in skydiving. She loved the sport, shared her knowledge freely and just made every jump really fun. My deepest sympathies go to her husband and the Australian skydiving community. Fly free and I hope to meet you in the base again one day.

I met Fiona in Menzelinsk this year at the WPC. I was attending the FAI judge training course and she had the stressful role of FAI Controller. I was so impressed by her quiet, unassuming, yet no-nonsense manner and the efficient way in which she handled each challenge. World skydiving is definitely poorer for having lost someone so dedicated to the sport. We'll miss you, Fiona.
Fly free :(

-Chanti-

Dear Fiona
You approached me at Equinox Boogie in 2000 and said I looked scared as hell. You grabbed my hand, hustled me into the door of the Skyvan. It was my 15th jump and i had an absolute blast!
That day I met DR John and got fitted for a new rig and suit. For the next 2 weeks I watched you execute some of the best airtime I had ever seen. I feel so privileged for having shared the air up there with you.
My heart goes out to you Dr John and all the Aus jumpers who knew you.
Blue skies and white fluffy clouds.
Gills

My heartfelt thoughts go to Dr John and family.
I met Fiona back in 1992 and have had nothing but the greatest admiration for her in her involvement and help she has given to all she came in contact with in our great love of this sport.

Fiona was one of the true great identities that helped make our sport so enjoyable.

She was loved by all and envied by many for her abilities.

Rest well Fiona.

Dimi

I met Fiona at the world POP's meet in Toogoolawah two years ago. She was a wonderful ambassador for our sport and always had a ready smile and time to help, advise or even just share a success or commiserate over a setback with anyone at any level.
We were privileged to have known her and our heartfelt sympathy goes out to her family and those she worked with and for in her veterinary practice.
Blue skies pretty lady. You will be missed but you surely left your mark on us all.

Here's a profile of Fiona from some time ago...

http://www.skydiver.com.au/userfiles/files/Profile%20Fiona%20McEachern.pdf

I'm a new jumper and only met Fiona recently. I had the honor of being coached by her on a couple of jumps, and being told by her that I did well was the biggest compliment I've ever had on my skydiving. It was obvious to me in the short time that I spent with her that she was a remarkable person, an inspiration to me and many others.