lkealey

Dennis Anderson

We lost Dennis Anderson this morning. He died on his motorcycle, on his way to work. Some idiot pulled out right in front of him, trying to cross 288. He t-boned the car. Died at the scene.

Dennis was one of those very special people, I have known him since I started skydiving six years ago. He was a mentor to me. He helped me rig my first demo flag.

He just came back from Oshkosh, got to jump every day, had a great time.

He was one of those people who was always happy, always had something nice to day. He would do anything for anybody - just because. I can't think of anyone who didn't like and respect him. I am sorry, this is just so hard to write, so hard to believe.

On Sunday, we had a cutaway, I was out there when we found the parachute, the freebag was was somewhere in a wheat field - 4 or 5 feet high, very hard to find. It was getting late, we couldn't find it.

The next morning, Dennis came to me, he wanted to know where to look, so I told him where we found the parachute and where to look for the freebag. He also wanted to know how to get out there on the four-wheeler - it was a couple of miles. He went out on the four-wheeler, couldn't find it, then he took the cessna (172) up to look for it from the air. Took him about 3 hours or so, but he found it. He didn't get anything out of it. He probably paid for he cessna time himself - he loved to fly, he loved to jump, he loved being a rigger - I am very particular and he is one of the few people I trust to work on my canopies or repack my reserve.

He did the tandem for my wife, he really made a difference for her, but he was always that way.

I am sorry for rambling, but there are just so many good things to say about Dennis, and I can't think of anything bad. I will miss him dearly, Spaceland will just not be the same without him.

I am not a bg fan of Shiner Bock, but that is what Dennis liked - I bought him a case once or twice for a cutaway (his reserve repack saved my life) and fixing a bad lineset form the factory.

I am going to have a Shiner tonight, and burn a candle.

He had such a positive affect on so many people. I need not worry about him finding peace in what lies beyond, I know he will - and he will make it a better place.

Blue Skies My Friend, you will always be remembered

CrazyLarry

This sucks. Really sucks. I just heard the news, and now I have confirmation.

Rest easy, Dennis. It was too soon. You were living your dream.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thank you for writing about Dennis. I met him in 1980 and am glad for finding a great person and friend. To remember him, treat others as he did. A smile, can do, got it done, where's the beer. Dennis taught me tandem and how to be a better skydiver and to enjoy life. He will be missed greatly.
Rule #1 of Skydiving: Safely Land An Open Parachute!

To make it easier for everyone to follow, let's keep just one thread for Dennis. I'm keeping the one open that already has the most views.

My condolences at the loss of your friend. :(

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon