dqpacker

Dennis Anderson

I'm sad to report, Dennis Anderson passed away this morning in a motorcycle accident.
Dennis was a rigger, pilot, AFF-I, Tandem-I, and more.
Dennis worked all over the country jumping, he will be missed by many.
My thoughts go out to his wife, kids, and his family.

We always called you old man but you left us way too soon.:(
Peace Brother
DQ

Great pictures, and what a sad reason to post them.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I dealt with Dennis on a rigging level and he was always professional and it was obvious he loved everything he did....there are fewer and fewer people like him around...
This sucks.

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

Dennis had been jumping mainly in Texas for the last few years since he "retired." He was from Kansas and had a great influence on skydiving in the mid west. He was one of the early tandem IEs, and trained a whole lot of TIs over the years. The guy was a dynamo, he could work circles around folks a third his age!

One funny story regarding Dennis; he did a demo years ago and jumped a tandem rig with a pig in the student harness. The pig went on the fire for the party later. A year or two after the jump I got a picture in an email ezime from Australia.

Always easy to find Dennis in a formation with the sock in his Protec.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Dennis had been jumping mainly in Texas for the last few years since he "retired." He was from Kansas and had a great influence on skydiving in the mid west. He was one of the early tandem IEs, and trained a whole lot of TIs over the years. The guy was a dynamo, he could work circles around folks a third his age!

One funny story regarding Dennis; he did a demo years ago and jumped a tandem rig with a pig in the student harness. The pig went on the fire for the party later. A year or two after the jump I got a picture in an email ezime from Australia.

Always easy to find Dennis in a formation with the sock in his Protec.

Martin

I am one of the TIs he trained. He also helped me immensely in rigging and AFF instruction. And that picture of the tandem with the pig was still on the wall at Spaceland in the instructor room last time I was there.

This is a sad, sad day. I will miss him. He was truly a terrific guy!
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Dennis was an awsome guy, it hurts to hear this news.
Dennis was always to be found with a smile on his face. he loved to skydive, loved to teach skydiving and just loved everything avation.
I was lucky enough to jump with him on many occassions and at many DZ's, Dennis taught my tandem course and I had a great time learning from him.
I think back to his storys and one of them sticks out and that was when he went to school at Pitt State (Pittsburg, Ks) he and Jim Sours formed a skydive club with the school, got some cash and spent it all on beer and jumps. I guess the school found out about the beer and that was the end of that club, he just smiled as he told the story.
little Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

My thoughts are with Spaceland and the rest of Dennis's family this evening.

When I was in Spaceland in May, I had the honor of being introduced to Dennis. It was a rather brief introduction, but I remember him for two reasons.

The first, that moustache.

The second, there seemed to be some sort of energy field that followed him. I couldn't help but notice when he was in the room, in the plane, in the loading area...

BSBD, Dennis.

To make it easier for everyone to follow, let's keep just one thread for Dennis. I'm keeping the one open that already has the most views.

My condolences at the loss of your friend. :(

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon