SkyHigh04

Skydiver Frank D'Andrea 1967-2010

Hey guys, I don't post much on here anymore but I thought I'd share this for those who might have known him better than I did. I didn't think it belonged in the incidents thread since it wasn't skydiving related.

Frank was my tandem instructor on 2 of my first 3 skydives I ever made. He also took my friend on his first and only skydive. We also chatted with him for quite a bit on the ground about skydiving and he was truly one of the nicest guys I ever met on a dropzone. You could tell he had a love of life, love of skydiving, and sincerely enjoyed teaching us noobies about the ins and outs of the sport, jump stories of his, gear, training, etc...

I remember how on the last tandem I did with him, we didn't make it back to the dropzone so we had to land right next to the highway in a small yard next to an office building. We were laughing and cracking jokes after we landed as an old lady who thought we crashed and were hurt, came and picked us up to give us a lift back to the DZ...he truly made the experience a complete one. My sincere condolences to all who knew him and jumped with him, including the Above the Poconos crew and other DZs he worked at. Rest in peace and blue skies Frank!

http://standardspeaker.com/news/obituaries/frank-e-d-andrea-1.889139
"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Hey guys, I don't post much on here anymore but I thought I'd share this for those who might have known him better than I did. I didn't think it belonged in the incidents thread since it wasn't skydiving related.

Frank was my tandem instructor on 2 of my first 3 skydives I ever made. He also took my friend on his first and only skydive. We also chatted with him for quite a bit on the ground about skydiving and he was truly one of the nicest guys I ever met on a dropzone. You could tell he had a love of life, love of skydiving, and sincerely enjoyed teaching us noobies about the ins and outs of the sport, jump stories of his, gear, training, etc...

I remember how on the last tandem I did with him, we didn't make it back to the dropzone so we had to land right next to the highway in a small yard next to an office building. We were laughing and cracking jokes after we landed as an old lady who thought we crashed and were hurt, came and picked us up to give us a lift back to the DZ...he truly made the experience a complete one. My sincere condolences to all who knew him and jumped with him, including the Above the Poconos crew and other DZs he worked at. Rest in peace and blue skies Frank!

http://standardspeaker.com/news/obituaries/frank-e-d-andrea-1.889139

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly