I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

Gweedeaux

Blue Skys Mike.

I've made 14 jumps at Moss Point between 99 and 04. Mike was a great host, and I always looked forward to seeing him when I arrived.

I never got a chance to jump at the new location.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Mike Igo was great....for a Jarhead!! LOL! When I was a travelling vendor/organizer for BirdMan that guy showed me the greatest time ever for a DZO. I showed up, got treated great, and even volunteered and did some AFF for him just for fun. He liked me and I really liked him. He was solid. So sad to hear about his death.

BSBD
Chuck Blue

I never got the pleasure of meeting Mike. I have however gotten to experience the team he has put together at Gold Coast. I couldnt have fallen into a nicer or more helpful group of people. Number 5 is the weekend and its for Mike. Blue Skies

This is very hard for me to just get the news of Mikes passing . I arrived at Gold Coast one day with my truck and trailer pulled in and went into the office and asked where it was i might park Leanne walked out and said thats fine where its at ,then I meet Mike he shook my hand and said welcome to Gold Coast ,what a welcoming to someone they never knew they treated me and my pup Eboney like royalty ,ive been going their off and on now for a few years now but the job I have keeps me away for most of the time Mike your a true marine and a DZO in the best sense of the word you will be missd by many and loved by all bsbd my friend Leanne love yaa hon wish I was their to do anything for you

I am so sorry to hear of this news! Mike was a great person and Gold Coast is such a fun place to jump! It has been years and Leanne, if you are reading this sweetie, I am sending you cyber hugs!!!! Call or write anytime! So sorry to hear of your loss!
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Try to give us old timers some good advance warning Leanne. We are getting old, and hard to drink beer and drive 90MPH toward a Madia Gra boogie.

Mike was always good to me. Drunk, sober, skykdiving, he always treated me well. He will be missed.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

Gold Coast Skydivers is hosting a memorial around sunset on Friday, May 21. That's all I know.

its now been changed to the following weekend. leanne posted this on mike's facebook page:

"Had to change the date to Friday, 28th of May. This is the definate date and I will not be changing again. This will be the kick off to The Wounded Warrior Fundraiser we are having for the month of June and it is Memorial Day weekend. What better day to kick off Memorial Day weekend? I apologize for making the change but save the date."

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Gold Coast Skydivers is hosting a memorial around sunset on Friday, May 21. That's all I know.

its now been changed to the following weekend. more details to come.

To the Friday of Memorial Weekend? Somehow, that seems fitting... Mike Igo was a decorated war vet.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

seems very fitting to me too.

are you gonna make it?

Hope so. I would not have been able to if it was the 21st. Still have to figure out some logistics though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

leanne just sent this out:

"We will be holding Mike Igo's memorial at Gold Coast Skydivers in Lumberton, MS on the 28th of May. We are going to start jumping around 12 PM and hold the memorial at 5 PM. I know many of you might be wondering why stop jumping so early? Mike's 90 year old mother, Rosemary, will be attending as well as his daughter, Cherie. They are traveling from Mobile and for Rosemary that is a long way. She wants to meet everyone and hear all the wonderful things the jumpers have to say about "her boy". It is going to be a long day for her and I don't want to keep her out until the wee hours of the morning. This will be her first trip to the dropzone in over 10 years. Rosemary was Michael's heart. He always took such good care of his Momma and he loved her dearly.

Back on track now....please let me know if you are going to be attending as I am going to provide food and NON-alcoholic drinks for everyone. I want to make sure that I have enough so that we can just relax and enjoy each others company. Also, bring your own chair because there are only so many picnic tables. For those of you that want to camp out bring your tent or camper and make yourself at home. We are going to be jumping on Memorial Day (that Monday) so come out and make a long weekend of it.

In lieu of flowers please make any donations to the Wounded Warrior Project. We will be having our kick-off for the Wounded Warrior Project this same weekend. For those of you that might not know, Mike was in the Marines and went to Vietnam for 2 tours. He was wounded both times he was there. This fundraiser we are having throughout the month of June is something Mike was a strong advocate of and supported whole heartedly.

Thank you to each and everyone of you for your support. Words elude me right now. Mike made me a better person and I was so blessed to be with him by his side.

Hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,

Leanne Igo"

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I cant seem to gather words every time i try. Mike scared the hell out of me in a fatherly figure way and I am 6'4 300 lbs! I respected him more than words can say he offered people like me to experience the world of skydiving.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

In 1997, I purchased my gear from J. Michael Brown via his advertisement in "Parachutist." Little did I know I would make a few jumps there at Gold Coast a couple of years later, having gone to Camp Shelby for some training. I got to meet J Michael and of course Mike Igo. I didn't know anyone there, but Mike, Travis and J Michael made me feel welcome. I would return in 2004-2005 being stationed at Keesler, AFB and would jump there often during this time frame. Mike was a true professional. He facilitated 2 Twin Otters many a time, one flying the CREW dogs or a local 8-way team and the other for the rest of the jumpers. This all went on without a hitch. He cared for all of the jumpers as you could see him watching all of the jumpers land, accounting for all of them. May God richly bless you Leanne and comfort all of you. Harry Robinson