azureriders

Mike Igo

As many of you know, Mike has been fighting lung cancer for the past few months. I regret to inform you that he passed away just before midnight last night, 4-21-2010.

Mike wanted to be cremated and a service to be held at the DZ to celebrate his life. It will be at least a few weeks before this takes place. I will forward any arrangements as soon as I have them.

A friend who will be missed.

In my time knowing you, you will not know how much you changed my life. Your generosity in doing everything you can to keep your family in the air even at the suffering of your own comfort has always made my jaw drop every time you did it. Including my most immediate family you are the most respected person in my life. Nov01 2003 was the first time I met you, and the first time I have met anyone in my life that welcomed a total stranger into theirs the way you and all the others at Moss Point did. You were the type of person that you did not want to let down, and the first person you wanted to see at the dropzone every weekend. BSBD You will never be forgotten.

Hugs and prayers Leanne

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I had the honor of stopping by Mike's DZ once, and found him to be one of the most genuine and friendly people I've ever met in this sport.

BSBD.

-jp-

That he was. Absolutely a stand-up guy. And he cared about everybody. It's been a few years since I last jumped at Gold Coast but I remember when a small group of deaf skydivers converged at one of his Mardi Gras boogies, and one of them frapped in under a too-small Samurai, slamming the earth hard enough that everybody thought he was a goner. Later that evening when I got back to the DZ from the hospital, Mike asked me the guy's status, which was a concussion and a broken orbital bone. His exact words: "It's a miracle!" with his hands held palms up.

One of my favorite DZOs even though my visits were infrequent...

FUCK CANCER!!!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Blue Skies, Mike! :( I only jumped at Gold Coast a few times but always found Mike to be a very welcoming and friendly guy!

My condolences to the whole Gold Coast crew, I know that you are all suffering a huge loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you all and especially Leanne! :(

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

I met Mike Igo and Leanne at my 1st Chick's Rock boogie. I had under 100 jumps at that boogie, and Mike did my Pink Mafia initiation jump (haha) along with Leanne and Laurel. They made sure that I had a blast, and I ran laughing into Mike's arms after the jump.

The one time that I visited the Gold Coast DZ was a few months after that for the Pink Mafia Mardi Gras boogie. Mike remembered me and gave me a tour of the DZ making me feel at home. He also made sure that I and everyone else had someone to jump with and was happy.

What a wonderful and thoughtful person, that he was. Mike will surely be missed by so many. My condolences to Leanne and to all of Mike's loved ones.

I never met Mike in person, however we spoke a few times on the phone. He offered me his Otter to fly the Belize Boogie for pretty much free. I had planned on heading to Gold Coast this summer to meet him.
What a nice human being.
Damn.
Fuck Cancer.
BSBD

To leanne and all of my gold coast family I feel the pain and send much love and sympathy for our tremendous loss ....see you all at the DZ.

Thank you so much mike for being a friend, for the memories, for the good times, for the DZ that I am very proud to call home, for bringing all of the gold coast skydivers together and keeping us going no matter what, and for truly caring.....going to miss you a lot, I will never forget you...... Fly free.....eternal blue skies my friend
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell