Wright

Burt Edwards "Lost but not forgotten"

I just got that very bad news from Didier a friend who was at Eloy for the diamond event. It is a very sad day. I met Burt at Eloy in 2002 for the 300 way. We were on the same wacker. Burt was a very nice guy. I always had the pleasure to meet him. We met again for the 400 way and kaleidoscopes at Deland. I will miss him. Play and fly with the angels for ever. JM from France.

Blue Skies Burt

The Obit/Funeral arrangements just popped up on the web:

http://www.feeneyfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Albert-Edwards/Obituary/

Mr. Albert "Burt" Edwards
July 21, 1953 - April 16, 2010

Obituary for Mr. Albert "Burt" Edwards
Edwards, Albert E. “Burt”, 56, of Arnold, MD, passed away Friday, April 16th. Born in St. Georges, Grenada, W.I., he was a graduate of Ridgewood High School and went on to receive his Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from Stevens Institute in Hoboken and his Master’s Degree from Georgia Tech. Burt has worked for many years as Executive Director of AT&T Government Solutions in Columbia, MD. A world class sky-diver, Burt lived life to the fullest; he worked hard and played hard. He will be missed by everyone who had the blessed opportunity to meet him and share a piece of life with him.
He is survived by his wife, Teresa Metzler-Edwards and their daughter, Morgan Elizabeth. He is the cherished son of Dorothy Edwards and the late Michael. Loving brother of Esther Nelson, Correne Anne Marie Daniel, Leasa Sampson and the late Frances Edwards. Burt is also survived by many nieces and nephews.
Family and friends may visit Friday, 2-4 and 7-9pm at the Feeney Funeral Home, 232 Franklin Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ 07450, 201-444-7650. Funeral Mass Saturday, 3:00pm at St. Catharine’s RC Church, 905 South Maple Ave., Glen Rock. Cremation Private. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Burt’s memory, payable to Presentation Brothers College, c/o Esther Nelson, 232 Franklin Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ 07450.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. I believe I first met Burt at a Herd Boogie between 1993 and 1995 and ran into him when he visited X-Keys through the mid 90s to early 2000's. I did not know him too well but he was fun to be around and always smiling. Truly a nice person.

Blue Skies

Goodbye Burt, my friend. I'm glad we had a chance to have a few laughs together in those last couple of days. Big ways won't be the same without your friendly smile and great stories. Fly free, brother.
My condolences to Burt's family; it was brave of you to come to Eloy and meet us. I hope you left knowing how much we loved him too.

>I'll never forget walking in from the landing area with Burt and JP after completing a 100 way. We were all full of ourselves about it. Burt said to JP "Not bad for 98 white guys.' <

Wow, that flashed me back to jumping with the two in Z-Hills...

Never had a bad jump, always had a fun time, with Burt. I'll probably think of him, during the climb, on future big-ways...

So, be careful JP! I want to do some more jumps with you.

Check's in the mail....
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

To a great guy, I am sure you were looking down on us wishing you could have just one more, as we raised our glasses to you. I will miss you as will many others. It just won't be the same on the big ways without you. I guess JP will have to make sure HE isn't the last one to the dirt-dive. Who the hell am I supposed to room with now on the big-ways?
Your buddy and fellow pilot, Pete

Wright

I have been asked to let the skydiving community know that yesterday, April 16th, Burt Edwards was killed in a parachute landing accident at Eloy, AZ while attending a 100 way event.

The details of the accident will be released later after all the correct information is gathered.

The family will let us know when and where funeral services will take place.

Burt was a very good friend and team mate and a lot of you out there had the pleasure of jumping with him through-out the years. He will be missed. Take a moment and remember.

More information will be posted later.

Blue Skies
Guy Wright

Miss you Burt.