Wright

Burt Edwards "Lost but not forgotten"

I have been asked to let the skydiving community know that yesterday, April 16th, Burt Edwards was killed in a parachute landing accident at Eloy, AZ while attending a 100 way event.

The details of the accident will be released later after all the correct information is gathered.

The family will let us know when and where funeral services will take place.

Burt was a very good friend and team mate and a lot of you out there had the pleasure of jumping with him through-out the years. He will be missed. Take a moment and remember.

More information will be posted later.

Blue Skies
Guy Wright

A very sad day.
Burt was one great person to be around and we looked forward to his visits to the big ways a couple of times a year in zhills.
Always had a smile on his face and a great story to tell at the bar in the evening, not a bad bone in him.
Truly a very sad day for anyone who new him,and a great loss for those who now never will get that pleasure.
Thoughts go out to his family from ours.
Paul &Tracey

Burt was always a pleasure to be around and always seemed genuinely glad to see everyone at a big way event; always a kind word and big smile from him. I enjoyed his company very much and will miss him.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Blue skies Burt.

Blue skies,

Jim

Burt was forever giving me hell for getting him and JP mixed up....but I always told him "you know they all look the same..."

I've had a drink and a cry, thats what getting old will do for you.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

I had the chance to first meet Burt @ the convention in Quincy in 1994,,, when we were on a 10 way team together...out of the Boeing 727...
Really Nice Guy...Never knew his last name...
he was reading a BOOK,, while we climbed to altitude...!!!:) ( see pics...)

then..... 15 years flew by.. saw Him only in my photo album
..... and then i was at Gardiner NY last fall,,,,AND there he was.... !!!:DB|
We didn't get a jump together that day...[:/]
but we did re-connect and shared some laughs...

So sad.. to hear this news...:(:(

Blue Ones Burt.

jmy

In a sport where the community is so small and close, the community of African American sky divers is even smaller and I thank you for welcoming me.

It was always great to see Burt when he would come in town for big ways and it's through meeting great people like him that I learned that so much of the good stuff in the sport does not always happen in the air. It's all about the people, great people like Burt.

This just should not have happened my friend. I will miss you so much bro, it is just too soon. Way too soon.

It's been years - hadn't seen you since the Hartwood days. . . . but you were always one of best ones Burt. My heart breaks tonight knowing that you're no longer with us. I'll miss that grenadian rum you used to bring around. FUBAR had one of it's best rounds on that stuff :) Fly free bud.....fly free.

Is this the same guy who was on the New Jersey 100 ways in the late 90's? If yes, he was my wingman in the '97 100 way state record, docking next to me on a loop. He does look familiar.

[:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban