hparrish

Pete Luter (D-763) Another Great One

We lost another GREAT ONE today. Pete Luder was the Coolest MF, I've ever met in this sport. A Long time Carolina jumper, we lost him at Z-Hills today.

My Heart is Heavy, but I'm almost immediately at peace with his passing. The man truely died doing what he loved, Had No Regrets in Life, and did absolutely EVERYTHING he ever wanted to do. Plus he was the most Laid Back, Smooth, Toe Ring Wearin, Safety Meeting Enjoying, Enjoying Great Vodka, Enjoying Great Wine, Enjoying Great Moonshine, Seeing the World Dude I've ever met.

Pete................Thanks for the Late Nights, Early Mornings, Electric Stars, Magic Shows, and Fine Weed. And thanks for your Frienship.

BSBD Pete Luder

Sad news...:(
I met Pete about 14 years ago... I always enjoyed talking with him and hearing of his travels through Europe and other adventures. His advice, smiling face and friendly attitude will be remebered... as well as a few nifty tricks he passed along to me:)
I know he's flying the shit out those new wings he has.

As Harry said... you were one cool MF!

Fly Free
Jason

Oh man...not another one. So many of my friends are gone in just over a year.

He was easily in the top 5 coolest crusty old dudes I've ever known. Made my day every time I ran into him at a boogie somewhere.

Adios amigo, I'll see you in the next life!
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Thanks for all those crazy fun times at CSS before it shut down Pete. The nights were almost as good as the breakfast you'd cook us all in the morning. One cool mother-fucker who could out drink me by a long shot! It may be time for an electro-star at the DZ.

See ya on the other side bro.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

It saddens me to hear of this. Pete was a very likable guy. I will have to dig through my CSS photos as I am sure I have pictures of him around the Bonfire, if not an electric star.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

:( I met Pete at an early Flock N Dock event, he was cooking breakfast next to our campsite. We swapped stories that year, and admired his camp setup. We liked it so much we cooked him breakfast the next time we saw him at FND on our new setup. I always looked forward to seeing him at wingsuit events...

Blue Skies Pete!

Pete's family just sent an email out to everyone in his email account and asked to have it passed along...
--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took us this long, but we had a hard time figuring out Pete's Email Password.

We're sending this out to everyone in his contacts list for those that may not know what has happened.

Friday, March 19th , around 2 PM, Pete left this earth doing his favorite thing.

There was a tangling malfunction with his parachute, and as far as we know- he went into a fast spin, most likely passing out for a time, and by the time he was able to cut away his main chute, it was too late for the backup chute to do any good.

Please do not be sad for him, for he was doing what he loved when it happened - It was instant so there was no pain or suffering - we all know that if he had to go, this is the way he would have rather it happened than old age, hospitals and nursing homes.

This quote from Leonardo da Vinci was taped to his computer's monitor, and nothing could be more fitting for pete - "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

I hope this makes it to everyone Pete kept in touch with, especially his European friends, we tried to call some of the phone #'s we found but most would not go through.

Please pass this along to anyone that knew Pete that may not have been in touch with him through Email.

As far as we know, there will be a memorial service in Roanoke Rapids, on Wednesday, March 24th at 2 PM - Calvary Baptist Church - 1405 Bolling Rd. at the intersection of Bolling Rd and Maple St.

For more info, just search "Pete Luter Skydiving" or click the links below.

More info will be posted through the rrdailyherald link probably by Monday Night

http://www.rrdailyherald.com/articles/2010/03/20/news/breaking_news/doc4ba4f63b106e3175997428.txt

http://www.urlfan.com/local/skydiver_plunges_to_death_in_pasco_county/337193025.html

Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. And I'm going to leave Pete's Signature as it was:

BLUE SKIES and DIRTY FLUES,

BIRDMAN

EARTH
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

And not sure who is on Facebook, but we're trying to gather as many stories and pictures and memories of Pete in one place as we can. Just search for the Facebook Group: "Memories of Pete Luter". (don't know how to clicky if anyone can help).

Please post anything there you can!

all my love pete...you left this world better for having been in it...thank you
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

And not sure who is on Facebook, but we're trying to gather as many stories and pictures and memories of Pete in one place as we can. Just search for the Facebook Group: "Memories of Pete Luter". (don't know how to clicky if anyone can help).

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690989920&ref=name#!/group.php?gid=106671072690421&ref=search&sid=690989920.2371926620..1
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Blue Skies, Pete.
You touched so many lives, all for the better. With the coolness of an elder Fonz or James Dean, you will be missed. You showed us what it was like to live a life of relaxed satisfaction and enjoyment. I always got the vibe from you that you were at peace with the world and any time you were called to a new adventure, you were up for it. We can't go with you on this latest journey, but I know that the souls you are with now will be just as happy to have you around as we all have been.

Thanks for the good times.

Kevin K.

I met Pete at CSS shortly after i moved to the US. I was a fresh WS Pilot back then and made my first small flocks with him. I would have loved to meet him again at a Flock n Dock, but unfortunatly we never made it to the same event again.

Frank
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

Harry, thanks for starting this thread.

I hate this more than I can say. I can't believe I won't ever see him again.

My dog Charlie doesn't like many people - he tries to bite most of them. But, Pete came over to my house from time to time during the past few months and he'd sit down with Charlie and scratch his ears and say, "Dobre pez." Charlie would calm right down and eventually fall asleep at Pete's feet as we talked.

I'm not sure of the spelling of 'dobre pez'; Pete said it means "good dog" in Czech or Polish (don't remember.) All I know is that Charlie loved this man like none other.

I'm glad I knew Pete. He was a very good friend to me over the years. I'm sad he won't be stopping in anytime soon like I expected he would, and I'm REALLY sorry that my dog Charlie won't enjoy his calm company anymore.

RIP and blue skies.

Memorial service for Pete Luter will be in Roanoke Rapids, NC on Wednesday, March 24th at 2 PM - at Calvary Baptist Church - 1405 Bolling Road, Roanoke Rapids, NC at the intersection of Bolling Rd and Maple St.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&ie=UTF8&q=roanoke+rapids+nc&fb=1&gl=us&ei=7QWpS5rYIorqygSJj8jwCg&ved=0CBUQpQY&view=map&geocode=FeRbLAIdfhdf-w&split=0&iwloc=A&sa=X