patworks

Names read in memory of

As part of the ceremonies at the Pioneers Reunion last weekend the names of our "D" holders now deceased were recited.
In a beautiful little chapel atop a hill in the invocations soft words were spoken and different tellers recounted the names. Four persons came in turn to the pulpit and called out many names.
It was moving to hear such a list. To know so very many made my heart big.

The brotherhood of the sky is unbroken.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Thanks for the posting Pat.

As I sat there, hearing all of the names of people that have passed, people I grew up with in the sport, it made me a little light headed. At the same time I looked around and saw a lot of smiles in the room. It is great to smile and remember what we had back then, and what we have now in our sport. Because of all those that went before us and those that are helping the sport advance, skydiving has a very bright future.

It was great to see you and Jan along with everyone that attended last weekend. I look forward to juming with you at the next Taft reunion.

Pat, it was good seeing you there. The reading of those names was quite sobering and yet warming at the same time. In a way, those who have gone before us are still very much with us.