mdwhalen

Patrick Dodgin

Patrick Dodgin of Jupiter, FL died Saturday, December 26th in a dune buggy accident in San Bernandino County, CA where he was vacationing with his wife, Amy. Amy was not in the vehicle with him. Patrick was a world class jumper, pilot, load organizer, instructor, tandem master, DZO and friend. Blue Skies.

He was my plane captain on one of the Roger Nelson world record attempts. A cool guy, real down to earth personality.

Yes he was a pilot but did he ever get his pilots license?
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I'm new to the dropzone.com forum and don't know my way around posting photos yet. I have a photo album on the 'net and just uploaded a shot of Pat I took in the plane at a world record attempt. He's the one wearing yellow.

I put the photo in the album labeled "Skydive Lost Prairie" although we were at Skydive Chicago, sometime around 1998, I think. Eventually I'll reorganize that website.

http://www.pbase.com/skybob/image/120683484/original
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

this is so sad - they already set up a Facebook Memory page - that is cool. But wow, Pat and me had a few stories, but I cannot say we were super close friends or anything, just that we did a LOT of big way skydives together.

I learned a lot from him and he was pretty fucking cool guy. very sad.

Well, that sucks! I've enjoyed many a jump with Pat over the years.... I think I first met him in Z-Hills..

He was a good person, as well as a great skydiver.

Happy infinite free-falling Pat........
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

My first jump was in 1982 since then I can say two jumps stand out as most memorable, both were organized by Pat.
He also was influential inme not quitting the sport when I was considering walking away for good...
This really sucks, he touched so many and gave so much.
May your family find comfort in the wonderful memories.

Marcelo Garcia

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

I had some fun jumps with Pat and a few with Amy, Pat kicked my ass outta the 172 on my beer night jump over pitch black Lake Okeechobee. Amys face with the lime green jump suit for the record (do I really have to wear this color?) and several "you exit 1st and we will catch you" training jumps b4 the record.

Damn, another "one of a kind" is gone.

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james

Oh no!, Blue Skies Pat! I met him in 1998 in Pahokee, great guy, He had a picture in his office doing a triple tandem jump, he was the tandem master and he had two blonde girls as passengers, one in front of the other and in freefall.

Blue skies Pat.
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."