hcsvader

Laila Stamper-Jenkins

of Parachute school of toronto arthur.
She passed this week. I didn't know laila well but I do know she was a huge part of PST arthur and a good friend of my father.

I remeber when you called me and said you were a good friend of my dads and you daughter was comming to edmonton. I was more than happy to help out anyway I could.Thats what I Love about skydiving we are all one big family. Always there for each other, even if we've never met before.
I finally had the chance to meet you last year at the ontario skydivers reunion. You had such a beautful smile and were so full of life!

Blue skies laila. Im glad to have met you and I will always be there for your daughter.

your free now laila, forever blueskies!
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Didn't expect to see that when I opened DZ.com this morning. She wasn't that old! :(

She was well known at the old PST at Arthur, and was involved in the recently established reunions at the new PST at Baldwin Ontario.

She was also one of the DZ riggers, wasn't she?

A year back I uploaded an old VHS video of her & her 4 way team, interviewed for TV in '94. It's at the facebook page for the old Arthur PST:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2467762796#/video/video.php?v=128202305656&oid=2467762796
(I haven't checked if this is visible to anyone not on facebook.)

Yes, she was very dear to all of us that had the privilege to know her.

Born Laila Kallio, daughter of LLoyd, former owner of Parachute School of Toronto, Laila was an accomplished skydiving instructor, rigger, coach and taught all of us to skydive.

Laila fought a long tough battle(~15yrs), with some obscure illness and died in hospital. Randall Jenkins, her husband, is planning a tribute in the spring.