cosmobuddy

Kurt Zimmerman - Edmonton

Sad news for us. Kurt has passed away in Edmonton on Nov 18th. Apparently, heart problems. His sister, Debi, has asked me to let his skydiving friends know.

If you can't attend his Celebration of Life on the 29th, and want to send your condolences, PM or give me a call and I can give you her contact info.

Please pass this on to anyone who might have known Kurt. He was a regular at the Boogie and made friends wherever he traveled around the world.

Bluest of skies,
Fred

--------------------------------------------------------

A CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE OF

KURT RAYMOND ZIMMERMANN
(1959-2009)

Please join family and friends to honor Kurt

Sunday November 29, 2009
5:00 PM at the
Edmonton Aviation Museum
11410 Kingsway Avenue
Edmonton, AB
780.453-1078

AND IN THE END, IT'S NOT THE YEARS IN YOUR LIFE THAT COUNT. IT'S THE LIFE IN YOUR YEARS.
- ABRAHAM LINCOLN-
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com

I originally met Kurt when we both worked for the same company. It was through work that someone organized a trek out to the local DZ to take the first jump course. Kurt and I went out with a group of eighteen people from work to do our first jump. We all had a great time and I was able to convince Kurt that we should go back and do a second jump. We travelled out to the dropzone together every week and were almost inseparable as we progressed towards our A-licences. After a few years we started travelling together to other DZs like Arizona and Montana. Kurt truly loved skydiving. I don't think he missed a year going to Lost Prairie. We made a lot of friends everywhere we went. I'm sure he will be missed by all.

I first met Kurt when the "Canadian Kids", Kurt, Keith, Paul, and Jim first showed up at Lost Prairie with about 200 or less jumps. Fun guys all. It was great seeing them every year and how much they had progressed. Kurt managed to show up the most. My favorite memory was watching him beat on Pete Hill who had "taken " his slot on a formation. Pete figured he'd screwed up and dropped out of the slot but on the debrief we concluded that Kurt was wrong and Pete had been in the right place. Never forgot that.

I'll miss his smiling face.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Kurt's obit was in today's paper.

If you can make it, the memorial service is on Sunday, November 29th at 5pm. Aviation Museum on Kingsway Avenue.

Blue ones, Kurt ... you will be missed. LP won't be the same without you. And Belize would have been "THAT" much better with you.

xoxoxox
'Shell

Kurt's memorial was last night. It was definitely a celebration of his life. There was even a hookah pipe mentioned. :D:D

His sister did up a wonderful tribute to him that she's planning on putting up on youtube. I'll keep everyone posted.

His family will be in LP next year. As his sister said to me in an email "we will be bringing Kurt to Lost Prairie in the summer of 2010, for one last jump, so he may be with you always."

Blue skies, Kurt. You touched a lot of lives in your 50 short years.

'Shell

Thanks, I'm one of what I'm sure will be many who would love to be part of it.

I'm certainly looking forward to Lost Prairie, but I sure will miss jumping and hanging out with that guy.

Yes, he will be missed.

Liz is checking with his sister Debi to see when she wants to hold it. I'll keep you posted!

CYA there.
'Shell

We'll have to do a plane formation load. Slots will go fast.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I'm certainly looking forward to Lost Prairie, but I sure will miss jumping and hanging out with that guy.

Yes, he will be missed.

Liz is checking with his sister Debi to see when she wants to hold it. I'll keep you posted!

Liz spoke with Debi and Kurt's mom isn't quite ready to let him go. Maybe next year.

See everyone in LP.
'Shell