peregrinerose

Blue Skies Scott Doyle

From his wife's blog:

Dearest Loved Ones,

It is with a heavy heart that I say to you tonight, that Scott has left the building. He passed peacefully this morning, at home, surrounded and loved by those closest to him.

Services will be held this Saturday at 10:30 AM at St. Francis Episcopal Church in Potomac, MD. A good ‘ol Irish wake will follow at the Urbana Volunteer Fire Station 23. We hope that you can join us.

In lieu of flowers, we hope that you will consider donating instead to the Montgomery County Fire Department Pipes & Drums Band or the Don’t Panic Foundation.

Thank you for all of your continued love and support.

We love you.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Scott was a hell of a guy, and helped introduce me to the sport of skydiving.... He taught my first jump course. There he was, at the front of the room, shiny new coach rating in hand, introducing himself... "My name is Scott Doyle, I have about 130 skydives..." at which point, I about crawled under my chair in horror... my husband is a jumper, so I knew 130 jumps wasn't a lot... and this new kid was supposed to teach me to save my own life???? WTF????

Years later, after he did a splendid job teaching the course by the way, we shared a good laugh over my initial reaction over a couple of beers in NC, at one of the Thanksgiving boogies.

When my husband and I left our previous home DZ for a new one with mixed feelings, it was Scott that emailed me first, making me laugh at the situation and making me realize that everything would be ok in the end.

Scott, you are one of the most loved skydivers I've ever met, with a huge heart and infectious smile. I will always think of you teaching my first jump course, and relaying that great story about you with a big orange mallet. You know the one I mean :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda