haineyD8971

CSM Harry Parrish

I'm here in Baghdad & just received my October Parachutist. I was stunned and saddened beyond expression to hear about Harry passing away. Harry was an immensely likeable person from the moment you met him, and I never saw him in a foul mood.
I was fortunate to get transferred to Ft Campbell, KY in the early 90s after I'd completed my time as a drill sergeant. I had heard nothing but great things about the parachute "activity" ("club" wasn't politically correct) and looked forward to making cheap skydives out of UH60 helicopters.
When I arrived, Harry and Suzie welcomed me with open arms. They both were tremendous mentors for me as a skydiver, jumpmaster, and later as an instructor. That was a great period in my life, the FCSPA had a huge load of great members like Suzie Hanks, Jose Malave, Billy Caldwell Sr, K-Man, and so many others. And Harry was the father figure of all of us vagabonds! Is it any wonder that our small but close knit sub-culture of skydivers loves life so much; not only with the thrill of exiting an aircraft but with the cameraderie that is so rare in other sports?
Harry was always available to help me out with anything; he was the type of man that was an asset not only in skydiving, but in life as well. He always had a calm, soothing approach to things that I highly admired. My thoughts and prayers go out to Debby, Seth, and the rest of Harry's family and friends. God Bless You, Harry! I'll see you on the high ground.....
Mike Hainey

Condolences to all whom knew and were close to CSM Harry Parrish. Although I never knew him I could tell he seemed to be full of life and one Squared away Soldier. Its always hard when you loose a man with his achievements in this life. No doubt. I Salute you. Peace..my friend Doug Wilson.