diablopilot

Barbara Cuddy

All though I did not know Barb well, her smiling face and kindness was always a pleasure to see at the drop zone.
A short time ago I taught her son, Alex, how to skydive. A fine young man that reflects the light of a good mother. She will be missed.....
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Thanks, JP for starting the condolence thread. I tried to do it all day yesterday and couldn't find the strength. What can I say that will do justice to the two incredible teammates we lost Sunday.

Barb, I will miss you so much. After years of jumping with all these guys, you can just get "guyed" out. Having a gal pal was such fun. Whether we were commiserating over landings, complaining about bad hair days, or just giggling over the latest "as the prop turns" story, it was so nice to have you to hang with.

Over the years we've been a lot of places together. Remember in Finland hiding the Jack Daniels bottles (well, until we drank Finland out of Jack) in our drawers because we weren't allowed alcohol. And the tailgate exit from the MI8 helicopter! Still my favorite jump ship.

And so good being at the world record together in 2007. We tend to let the same insecurities nag at us, and we were good at helping each other rise above them. Your drive and determination and strength at the record were an inspiration.

Barb you were also so good at other athletic pursuits. An outstanding skier, and avid cyclist and hiker, you were always on the go. That Mount Whitney climb you did this summer was awesome.

And so proud of your children. Your eyes shone when you were telling us how well Alex was doing in his hang gliding (or is it paragliding) competitions, and how proud you were of Susan after you both finished the Mt. Whitney climb. I hope they will take strength and inspiration from your example, and find some peace in knowing how much you were loved.

It's so sad and unfair that after the years you had to put skydiving on the back burner to make your way up the seniority ladder, now when you were so happy to have a Monday to Friday schedule and weekends off to jump, now you don't get to. But I will cherish this season we had.

There is no way I could ever convey how much you will be missed.

Sharon

I met Barb at the WR 2007 qualification camp at Perris and of course we and 98 + others jumped together on the WR later that year. She is an endearing personality and fun to be and jump with.

There are not many super crw chick canopy pilot gurus around, she was one of the elite. :)
Condolences to all family and friends.

:(

All the best in the afterlife Barb, you will be missed.

Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

So sorry to hear this. Seems like yesterday in 95' & 96' when Barb had decided to start skydiving again. She was so thrilled after giving it up in MI., and now had the chance to do what she loved again. I'll always remember you fondly Barb, the fun trips from Minden, NV., to Lodi for the weekend. When you helped my daughter get a flight to NV. and picked her up for me. Helping me store my things when I moved...always going the extra mile for friends.

My deepest condolences to Barbs family and friends.

I met Barb in Reno Nevada 7/16/96 and did a 2 way rw jump with her on that occasion. I remember driving her to and introducing her to Bill Dause's drop zone at Lodi 4 days later . (This was before she got into c.r.w.)
I will always remember her as being one of the kindest and most positive individuals that i ever had the privilege of jumping with . [:/]