diablopilot

Robby Bigley

Robby was one of the nicest, and most considerate people on the DZ. He always had a nice word for my 2 young girls and a smile on his face. whenever i had a question about anything, if Robbie was there, thats who i asked. even if it was a stupid question he always answerd you with respect never looking down on newbies. You will be sorely missed my brother, and everytime i get an icecream out of the freezer i will be thinking of you. Fly Free my freind

Dr. Robert Biggly PhD Robby

I'll always remember the way you treated EVERYONE with dignity and RESPECT every day in every way

My four favorite memories will always be:

1. On jump 2 of AFF you were our video and I distinctly remember you placing your hands under your chin like you were going to take a nap and giving me a HUGE grin as I was flailing around the sky being held stable by James S

2. 1.5 years 350 400jumps later later doing one of my my first open field demos with you Alana and Jules I'm stressing in a monster way and and you look at me with that huge smile and say “John its just a sky dive don't over think it”

3. At the Davis boogie when I was making some of my first attempts at organizing you offered tons of encouragement.

4. This Sunday morning 9/14/09 I walked up to you to offer congratulations on your recent marriage and your smile echoed your comment to the affect of being the happiest you could ever remember

They say the imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I hope to be like you, with an easy way around everyone with the ability to make a person feel like more, the ability to inspire us to want to be more, better, nicer. I hope that I will have the dignity and patience to always take time to spend with the newbies and help them like you helped me.
You are gone and thats the reality we have to live with, but, as with any great individual you left your mark on us all and you WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN we are better for having known you and poorer for your passing

Blue Skies my friend no one deserves Heaven more than you

With love respect and admiration
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

I went to lodi about a week after I had just moved to california almost 4 years ago and no one said a word to me on the dz that first day... except robby. In or out of skydiving, he was one of the nicest people ive met in all of my life. As so many have echoed, his smile was infectious, and he obviously meant so much to so many people. I cant imagine, and dont want to imagine, what Alana is feeling right now. Getting to know both her and Robby separately first, and seeing what phenomenal people they are, its obvious they were made for each other. Fly free Robby, I think ill still get to do a wingsuit jump with you someday.

Thanks, JP for starting the condolence thread. I tried to do it all day yesterday and couldn't find the strength. What can I say that will do justice to the two incredible teammates we lost Sunday.

Robby, you were a delight to have as a teammate. Your enthusiasm and energy were infectious, and brought a spark to a "seasoned" team like RedLine.

Thanks for your tireless help on landings, while I'll probably never become much of a swooper, you never lost patience with me, and always gave me the feeling you had faith in me that I could build up the courage to enjoy the speed and "wait for it". Those blind mans you did with our JFXs were hot.

And those times when Scott knew I was having a down day and would say to you, "Robby, smile at Sharon", because he knew I could not resist your smile. It lit up the world for me, and the world will always be a little darker without it.

You are so talented and accomplished at everything you do, it was a pleasure and inspiration to watch. I so enjoyed hanging out at the Lodi sequentials and watching you organize. I especially appreciated the invitation to invitation only events – invited to come, but not to jump!

And to reiterate what others have said, I've never met anyone so genuinely kind, caring and nice as you. I'll miss you so much.

Sharon

We feel so honored that we had the opportunity to spend this last weekend around Robby and his never-ending smile (especially when USC pulled out the win over Ohio at the end of the game). He was the type of person that others admired and strived to be like. Robby, you will be deeply missed and always remembered. Mike & Morgan

It was an honor getting to meet you and jump with you. It's amazing to read everyone's recollection of your smile. It's so true, you always had such a big happy grin. You organized some of the coolest dives I've been on. Thanks for inviting me to do that cool demo too. I'm sad that you're gone, but I'm so happy I got a chance to get to know you.

:(

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

For a short time, my locker was across from his. I was just starting out shooting video. Nobody wanted me there, taking some of the business. Robby was continuously nice to me and always full of encouragement and helpful hints. Even when others at Lodi wanted me gone, Robby always showed me respect and kindness. He taught me how infectious a smile can be and how far a kind word of support could go. He showed me how to welcome students and newcomers into our extended family… nurture them, and help them grow. You can’t buy class and Robby was one of the classiest guys I’ve ever known. He knew how to help a person see the light within themselves. Ever since I left Lodi, I’ve been trying to help others through kindness, laughter, and smiles… just like Robby did for me.

To all of his friends and loved ones… from all of us in Byron… our hearts ache with yours tonight.

We’ll miss you, Robby. God speed, brother.

- Dave “Skinny” Bick

Robby was always my "go to" guy when I was organizing at Davis because he was capable of anything I asked him to do and willing to do any slot. He was just as happy in the base letting less experienced jumpers flail around him as he was taking the "money slot" on a complex hybrid.

He was just plain FUN to have on the DZ whether on the ground or in the air. Every photo I have of him is distinguished by his big smile.

It was fulfilling for me to see him arrive on the freefly scene, progress so rapidly, and take the reigns of bringing up new jumpers while at the same time pushing the sport by organizing events for the experienced jumpers. A giant hole now exists in the skydiving community.

Robby, you will be severely missed.

Godspeed,

Chris Salcone
www.guanofreefly.com

To a very close friend and a man who helped me get my first 4_way VRW medal at Nationals. Long Live Swingline.
My condolences go out to his family and he will forever go down in history as someone who made a positive impact on my life.

God bless the Bigley family.

A message from Alana regarding the memorial services:

To All my and Robby's friends attending his services: On Saturday at the celebration/party after the memorial we will be celebrating Robby's life. I'd like all skydivers to wear a skydive t-shirt of some sort - I'd like us to represent the sport and the thing that made Robby the happiest. You were his family, he'd be proud. Thank you all for being there for me and Robby.

And if you can't make it, crack a beer and toast to him.

God I miss him
Alana

Services for Robby Bigley

Friday Nights Moorpark High School Football Game will be dedicated in Robby's honor.

Visitation will be Friday from 7:30PM till 9:30PM (10PM) in the "Chapel of the Oaks" at Pierce Brothers Valley Oaks Park, 5600 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village CA 91362

Services will be Saturday 11AM at Ascension Lutheran Church, 1600 East Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks CA.91362. A Celebration of Robby will follow immediately thereafter on a Ranch on Balcom Canyon Road, Moorpark

In lieu of flowers the family would appreciate a contribution to the Robert F. Bigley Memorial Scholarship fund which is being set up through the Rotary Club of Moorpark Foundation, P.O. Box 172, Moorpark Ca. 93020-0172 for a Moorpark High School for Scholar Athlete whom plans on pursuing a college degree in Biological Science or Biomedical Engineering.

May the blue skies be clear with a calm breeze crossing your smiling face. May new records be set and championships be won. May all of us hold ourselves to the high standards and levels of achievement you demonstrated, now for others to follow.

--------------------------------------------------
"Well, it's a big pretty white plane with a red stripe, curtains at the windows, wheels, and it just looks like a big Tylenol!"

Happy Birthday Robby! (okay a little early, but it's your bday on the east coast already!)

We'll have some ice cream, stories, and more tears.

You showed us how someone could be a leader without being bossy, crazy smart without being intimidating, into it without being overzealous, honest without being brutal, and great at everything you did without taking any of the credit.

I miss you every day, brother....

Craig
Jump more, post less!

Happy First Anniversary, Robby! Alana and you were a pefect match, a great marriage in every sense of the word.

We'd be getting so much beer out of you for your anniversary....[:/]

(eta: yes, I know it was yesterday, but couldn't get online!)

Jump more, post less!