BirdBabe1

Eli Thompson

Eli and the Flyboyz was one of the first impressions I had of Perris when I ventured to that DZ back in 1997. His enthusiasm for the sport, and freeflying in general was contagious! How could anyone not smile when they were around him.

One afternoon, a few months ago, I stopped by where Eli, Sarah, and their kids were lounging in the shade at the DZ. I'd stopped by to chat and to share an inspiration with Eli that had popped into my mind the week before. How would he like to be a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars"? He'd light up the room!

He laughed, but enthusiastically agreed that if he got the call he'd be up for the fun.

That was Eli. Always ready to enjoy the next adventure.

Well Eli, you can dance with the -real- stars now. How's the view?

Hugs to Sarah and the kids. You're in our prayers.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

It was so great to see you, when you came to Hawaii with Pat & O.B. now, I'm returning to Perris and can't look forward to talking to you again.
You, Fritz and Mike Ortiz were a true inspiration for me to go straight to freeflying, after completing AFF.

The loss of two friends, in two months is heart wrenching.

Keep a slot open for me, in the eternal formation.

-Greg

:( Eli, thanks for the warm welcome into skydiving!

I met Eli in 1998, when I first started at Perris. I just got off student status and wanted to work on this "freefly" stuff. Eli sees me one day and offers to jump with me. I don't really know him, but he already had thoudsands of jumps at that time. In addition, I'm 6'6 and about 245 pounds and I'm looking at this little guy thinking "he'll never match my fall rate"

What an awesome flyer and what a giving person. He taught me so much and was always walking around with a tremendous smile.

Sarah and the kids, you don't know me, but I am incredibly sorry for your loss. I wish wish you strength and love in this difficult time.

Sam

I just pointed you out to a friend of mine at Summerfest...basically saying you were the best...you were. I'm upset by this news and will cry as a result. Life ain't fair. BSBD. Rob
This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals & this is the big time...

[:/]

5 or 6 years ago, The FlyBoyz came to our DZ . Marcel T. went waaay above and beyond to invite them arrange all the details for the visit and insure the success of the event.

The local freefly community including the Badfish crew were in attendence.. WHAt a great weekend.. I stood back in awe of what all those freeflyers were doing...
Eli and Fritz were both pleasant, approachable, and sooo willing to share...

Didn't know him well, and for sure he didn't know me,,, but we all will remember him Fondly...:(
Vertifly said it....
"Eli WAS the best."
only nothing has changed
"Eli still IS the best"...

may those close to him, find peace

jt

"The smallest guy on the team had the biggest presence in any room or any airplane. ... As one of the pioneers of freeflying he changed the perception of what it meant to be a skydiver. His ideas and his vision made him part of skydiving history and earned him multiple World Championships and World Records." from RedBull AirForce site
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Me n Eli and several friends started freefly at Perris around 1993. Then, none of us could go head down, but our stand and sit routines were way hot. Later we competed on the ESSI ESPN X-Games Pro Freeflying Tour. Omar, Olav, Charles, Eli, Fritz, Mike, and yall kicked ass with the most "WOW" visuals seen. Today, there are no words than can express how this awfulness rends my soul and racks my body. Memories of a golden smile, thoughts of grand times, visuals of sky wonders live in my heart. >:( Join me in donating: http://web.me.com/sarahfarooqui/web.mac.com_sarahfarooqui/Memorial_Eli.html

Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,