bodypilot90

Blue skies Rita Ippoliti

I friend found this misposted

Kryos passed away yesterday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Aunt Rita loved her cruise and sky diving buddies. It meant the world to her. We would meet for dinner and she would bring the photos and talk of her different adventures. She will be missed. I love you Aunt Rita.

Here is a link to Rita's funeral notice.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/phi...&pid=130187427

Rita Ippoliti took chances, lived life to the fullest. She was unconventional and certainly never politically correct. She was an inspiration. Sky Diver, Scuba Diver, Aero Plane Rider, writer, computer programmer, Lawyer. Loving daughter, sister, aunt, good friend. Rita’s book “Falling into Life” is a celebration of her life. Maybe you will be inspired to do something daring.

Blue Skies…

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/philly/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=130187427

She's gone??? Oh no.... I remember her rec.skydiving posts about her AFF miscues....

She was definitely an inspiration to those who would never give up on their goals.... :(

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yea Billy, she's gone. I have never met someone who wanted to skydive so badly and work so hard at it. Thanks to the ones who tried to help keep her safe. I was on her last load that she did a tandem with Bozo and Jan Davis filming. Her grin was beaming and she had hugs for everyone. I hope they have someone up there that can help you nail you landings. Bye Rita

Yeah....all you naysayers, Rita was a shitty skydiver.

I probably jumped with her more than any of you have. She didnt take it seriously....too fucking bad, neither did I.
She had more zeal than most skydivers Ive ever met. And thats all she ever wanted to be ,a skydiver.

Well , doll....you got what you wanted....youre skydiving now.
bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I know nothing about all this.
She wanted to smoke on the way to altitude?

She joked about it and some tight ass took her literally. To Rita everything was a joke , probably to her detriment but thats a moot point now..
All you rule lovers and tight asses wont have to worry now....there was only one of Rita...for sure.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I know nothing about all this.
She wanted to smoke on the way to altitude?

She joked about it and some tight ass took her literally. To Rita everything was a joke , probably to her detriment but thats a moot point now..
All you rule lovers and tight asses wont have to worry now....there was only one of Rita...for sure.

Amen.

now my heart hurts...

Rita, yea she enjoyed a laugh. I did get her once. She was coming to skydive sebastian and asked for a picture of the landing area. Well sebastian has a large landing area. I edited in swap warnings, gator and snake warnings. I told her we lost a student to a gator. She took the bait and call manifest to ask. Oh she laughed and laughed at herself and the joke. We miss you alread. As to where she Jimped Jim could tell you more as I met her irl at a couple of rec skydive boogies. But knew her from her post on rec.skydiving long before meeting her in real life. The last E mail I got from her she sounded good and we talked about her book.

I am trying to get details about what happened. If anyone knows and dosn't want it posted please let me know by email or message. thanks

To Rita everything was a joke , probably to her detriment but thats a moot point now..

If a student or novice can't convince others that they are taking things seriously (even if joking a lot), they've failed as a student just as much as an instructor who knows a lot but can't teach.

I could see that if she were having more problems than typical as a student, treating things as a joke too much of the time could leave her looking entirely clueless, unfocused, and not ready for this sport.

Still it sounds like she should have been around in this world a fair bit longer.

She started jumping at Cross Keys. She did some jumping in Florida, including Sebastian, Zephyrhills and DeLand (where she broke both femurs). I don't remember if there were other dropzones--she didn't have a lot of jumps by the time she broke her legs.

On another note--I stand by everything I wrote about her in those two threads linked up above. I am stunned by her death, although I suppose I should've expected it, because her health was never that great. She had a lot of physical limitations over which she didn't have a lot of control, but she pushed beyond them relentlessly.

And yeah, she was a joker. Her sense of humor was her prime defense against rejection and failure. I am sorry that she didn't conquer skydiving, but she made the best of it, just as she made the best of every other obstacle in her way.

Godspeed, Rita.

rl

P.S. to Bozo and Jack--Has anyone told Patti?
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Damn right, Bozo! And I agree to everything you and Rhonda said about Rita.

I agree with a few others too, yes, Rita was not made for skydiving. Her jump stories often scared the living hell outta me, and I was glad when she stopped jumping. But besides being a "bad skydiver", Rita was a great human being with a zest for life, a big heart and some bad ass humor!

Blue skies, Rita, fly free.
I bet Jan "Devil" is waiting in those blue skies to share some rec.skydiving memories.

...I just noticed that I joined DZ.com exactly 10 years ago today! Now look at my post count..... (f'cking funny!)
Skydive World - Skydiving Resources Worldwide
http://www.skydiveworld.com

Rita was one heck of a topic for a while both on and off rec.skydiving. Her tenure challenged just about every philosophy there was in skydiving, especially with respect to instruction. More than one of us found ourselves on the odd side of our normal positions. It's hard to watch someone laugh their way into disaster with gusto and joy. You didn't have to be "rule lover or tight ass" to see the obvious. But you needed one heck of a commitment to "live and let live" to not try to say something. In the end, it was hard to deny, she had fun.

I found this on another message board:

Rita, who went by the name Kryos, passed away last night. Nobody knows exactly what happened. She wrote to me last night and said she had stayed home from work due to a migraine. They found she had passed out in the bathroom, hit her head pretty hard, and did not wake up.

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3793146
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

sigh .. I now know why she didn't answer my last tx msg.

Of all the things said about Ritagirl, I truly beleive that she was all heart.

She was a instructor exaiminer test drop dummy.

That did not stop me from jumping with her.

She was bad mouthed, called everything, water off a ducks back.

That still did not stop me from jumping with her.

She made a divot, both in the ground and in herself

That stopped me from jumping with her until her last jump.

Thing is she probably would have stuck to tandems and enjoyed them, but she wanted to be a skydiver. As bad at skydiving as she was, she was still a skydiver.

I read some of the posts by others knocking her sense of reality, but in reality you could find no better true friend. You did not have to skydive to be her friend, skydiving was only part of her life.

If you think profanity doesn't belong in this thread, then you really didn't know Ritagirl.

Bozo, the kiss pass we did with her. according to her was her best jump ever, even thou we had iron grips on her.

How fitting that her last jump was a "bun" tandem.

see ya girl

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james

No shit, she is dead? pass the salt please

an hour later we gather on the deck at the drop zone's cafe. The winds have kicked up again, so the beer light is turned on early. There would be no more jumping, she had made her last jump. I have a feeling she knew this ... this was closure.

She was surrounded by friends, friends that had always been there for her.
She says she can't believe how lucky she truly is.

She says to us, "look at all of the unhappy people there are in this world ... people who never really find what they are looking for, they never find the missing element in their life, the one that will satisfy, the one that will make them feel whole.
Christ, maybe they are just looking in the wrong place."

No one speaks, Rita continues; "I mean, how rare is it a person actually succeeds in finding peace and belonging? How many people experience the comfort, the camaraderie the community, or all the bullshit that makes us laugh so hard? Who but us can understand our struggles, our dreams."

"Shit, they either love you or hate you, but we aren't so different in the end. I know I ain't loved for my skydiving accomplishments, I have your love because of the simple fact ... I kept trying, I didn't quit."

"I know I am one of the lucky ones. I have reached far beyond my abilities, I set a goal for myself, a very difficult one, and with all your help, and I mean all of you, I went on to reach my goal as best I could."

"Nothing has ever come easy for me in this sport, and I know many of you begged me to give it up, I stuck with it. I found something rare, something precious."

"I discovered a world where I can be accepted for just being me ... and for my efforts to become a better person."

With the sun dipping below the horizon she looks around and says, "What a perfect end to another wonderful day, if I were to die tomorrow, "I would know ... I would know."

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james