JohnMitchell

Herbert John Eskelson - "Binky"

It pains me to be starting this thread in this forum, but I've lost another friend today. Herb, aka Binky, died today from his injuries in a bad landing accident in Hawaii. Valinda and I spent several seasons jumping with Herb (we called him Binky, too) in WA at Kapowsin airsports. Anyone who knows Herb knows he lived life at full throttle. I'll never forget him showing up at our formal Christmas party in the tackiest powder blue 70's tuxedo ever. Cracked me up to no end.:D

I also had the pleasure of fun jumping with him and working students with him too. Generous to a fault, wearing his heart on his sleeve, always ready to laugh, a loving father to his children. Herb, sorry you're gone so soon, way before your time. :(

This is sad to hear that he passed. I didn't know Herb, but I was following the thread about him in the incidents forum.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Herb though painfully obnoxious most of the time is one of my good friends. We spent a few seasons jumping together both skydiving and base jumping in WA.

Recently he got me set up with a killer job at skydive hawaii and kinda took me under his wing so to speak. He is a very generous person with a big heart. He will not be forgotten.

My thoughts go out to our other friends, parents, siblings, and his 2 kids Kaylen and Riley.
Na' Cho' Cheese

So Shocked! Talking to Cheeto today he told me that Herb had passed, as I was asking about and waiting for word of herb's improvement. I will never forget his giggly, edgy way of being. I'll never forget the time when he sat watching me pack my round reserve upstairs at kapowsin, as we talked about where we first met and all the many dear firends we had in common. To My friends in Skydive Hawaii where I first met Herb, and my friends in Kapowsin where I ran into him again. Let us never forget how quickly time passes, and how easy it is to say "I love you" even though it often seems needless so we choose to let it wait for another time. We gamble on future opportunities.

Herb, you goofy, obnoxious, unique, wierdo! YOU WERE LOVED and I hope you knew it.

BLUE SKIES!
~Maggott
~Maggott
__________________________________________________________________________________
"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?"

I was thinking about Herb under canopy today, enjoying the scenery up here in the NW that we have, and that he saw so many times. Really sorry you weren't here to see it, Herb, or maybe you were. There was never a dull moment when you were around. Few people could make me laugh as much as you could. Thanks for all the fun times, man, we really miss you.

John

I'd just like to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers for my brother and his kids. Your comments mean the world. You all really saw him and knew him and loved him just the way he was: you were a real family to him and he spoke of all of you all the time. Much love and thanks. Dana Blue skies to you all.