efs4ever

Beth Bird

I just saw a full page memorial to her in the July 09 Parachutist.

I didn't know her well, but I've been looking at this picture since May 25 1980 wondering what became of her.

Tom Morrison and Smitty the Jumper are with her.

Rest in Peace.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Beth's memorial page is http://angelicartistry.net I hope that may answer your question of not knowing what happened to her. Thank you for the picture. I will pass that along to her mom.

CLICKY

THANK YOU FOR THAT!!
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

> full page memorial to her in the July 09 Parachutist

Yes, I just saw that.

She was like Dave Rickerby - not someone you could
capture in words.

She made some powerful impressions on me.

I wish she hadn't had such a difficult life.

Thank you so much for that link. I have been asking a lot of folks if they knew the facts.
I am happy to say that I have fond memories of Beth, and her artwork.
Whenever I hear her name mentioned, I always think of that beautiful picture of her tracking up to the formation. Unfortunately, it was destroyed in the '87 Z-Hills fire.

The Infinite Freefallers have another player.....

Capt36
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

I've had many good times with beth and jerry I"ll get to him in a while. I would babysit both john brandon and jos when they were infants on the dz so beth could compete in the z hills turkey meet. she wold draw pictures in my log book and yes she would cause havic on the dz at times back in the day early 80's before the fire at z hills. in the mid 80's I took her to the mall in chambersburg pa on her birthday and surprised her by buying her a gold ear ring and getting her ear pierced, we both wore the same ear rings for yrs. in the late 90's she sent me some of her art work which I still have. I organized at the hills with Jerry for a few yrs. and was like family with them. (edited by Skymama for inappropriate comments for this forum) Beth I"ll never forget our phone conversations when you was sick, and our special friendship, you are now free from pain...

well, skydivejohnny with no profile information, you may well have an axe to grind regarding Jerry but I would question your assertion that he is "all but forgotten". He has indeed fallen on harder times but as another thread on dz.com shows, along with hundreds of memories and testimonials about him, his long standing contributions and influences, the vast number of people still active in the sport who attribute their own success to Jerry, all pretty much assure that the name Jerry Bird will long survive the name Beth Bird. I don't mean at all to take away from Beth, or to praise Jerry falsely. I only take exception to your fairly silly comment which, near as I can see, is more out of an emotional reaction than to any semblance of or approach to reality.

I was sent this picture of Beth with her 1993 Jet Jumping Championship Team Quincy,IL and wanted to pass the picture forward.

I didn't know Beth (I am puzzled by that...), but I knew Jerry back when... and Johnnie (MB65, asshole #1) is in the photo you posted! Thanks and blues.
can I borrow a jump ticket real quick?

well, skydivejohnny with no profile information, you may well have an axe to grind regarding Jerry but I would question your assertion that he is "all but forgotten". He has indeed fallen on harder times but as another thread on dz.com shows, along with hundreds of memories and testimonials about him, his long standing contributions and influences, the vast number of people still active in the sport who attribute their own success to Jerry, all pretty much assure that the name Jerry Bird will long survive the name Beth Bird. I don't mean at all to take away from Beth, or to praise Jerry falsely. I only take exception to your fairly silly comment which, near as I can see, is more out of an emotional reaction than to any semblance of or approach to reality.

I will second Kim's comments. No one contributed more to relative work than Jerry Bird.
Hoop
SCR242 SCS90 NSCR26
www.jimhooper.co.uk