jsaxton

Blue skys Ken

Also known as Party Ken, Ken Knigge has been a fixture at Lost Prairie for the past several years. A great guy, his Byron Family will miss him as well as all the LP folk who have met him.

blue skies Ken, Say "HI" to Shannon and JP.

madjohn

Byranada won't be the same.

Blue skies, Ken. I'll miss you ... :(:(
'Shell

Ken, it was always nice seeing you in Byron. You always had a smile and had one of those special personalities that always seemed to put those around you in a better mood.

We've had lots of fun in LP too. "Car W" always lots of fun. I remember the crazy drive down from the tower after drinking the purple stuff. Toasting a beer to you right now.

Party on Ken. Blue Skies. I'll miss you.

Marcel

Edited to add photo. The photo is from LP in 2006. Sucks that this photo has been posted in this same forum before. Blue skies my friends.

Take care of each other out there.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

It should be noted that this picture was taken across the roof of a moving car, and Ken was driving it at the time.

RIP Ken, we'll miss you.

I really like that picture of Ken. If I remember correctly, this was taken on the way to the tower. The tower where Ken liked to participate in cunning linguist events.

The attached picture is from 2007 with Ken participating in cunning linguist while sporting a lang.

LP will forever be different without you Ken.

I've spoken to Catherine, one of Ken's close friends and she told me of the funeral service for Ken:

Tuesday, July 7th 2PM
Creekside Church
444 Figtree Lane, Martinez, CA

Please contact her for further information about the service.

925 207 0290 [email protected]

She asked me what type of service it should be and I told her that the ones I have been to had some videos and pictures of the person as well as music that they may have liked. If you have further suggestions (those that knew Ken well) please contact her.

Blue Skies Ken!

Please don't post this to Facebook as it will show up on Ken's page and some family hasn't been notified yet.

cx to NCS

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

My deepest regrets to Ken's family and friends and the gang in Byron. Ken was actually on my very first jump after I got my A liscense. I can remember some good times at the DZ and even crazier ones driving around LP. I will forever remember Ken's shenanigans at the fire tower. Peace and Blue Skies to all of you. Raise an extra Skydiver Blonde for me when you toast to Ken at LP this year.
R.I.P. Ken and say hello to Shannon, J.P. and Tommy for me!
Blue Skies Forever my friends
Love Nina

Just got home from Ken's memorial service; anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a believer, but Ken was, and it the service was a tribute to a man who lived his values out every day - believers or not, we can all learn something from a guy like Ken. The memorial brought together a nice mix of his friends from various churches he'd been an active member of, and other parts of his life (including skydivers, of course). The service and the people who remembered Ken was a nice reminder of how Ken didn't wear his faith on his sleeve, but instead, modeled it in his life and in his interactions with others. Blue ones, Ken. I'll miss your smile.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

We are putting together a memorial page for Ken in Parachutist Magazine. Currently we're looking for both financial donations and for high resolution digital copies of photos of Ken to aid in the design and publishing. A web page has been created with links and details.

You can see it here:
http://partyken.home.comcast.net/

Blue Skies Ken. It won't be the same without you, but life is better for having known you.

Here is another from 2007 with Ken.

As I remember it, this CL attempt didn't get very far.

Yep, that was me...I didn't get far at all. Sorry about the delay but I'm in Afghanistan right now and have been out of touch. He was a great guy and will be missed very much.

Jay
Truth is the distilled meaning of facts, for any truth refuted by a fact becomes a fallacy.