GLIDEANGLE

Michael Nowatney - June 2009

My friend! :(
Always had the "best skydive(s) EVER" with you...
Had the best runs with you...
Had the best philosophical moments with you...
Loved hearing your voice on the phone every time I needed someone...
Even when I failed, you stood by my side. I am a skydiver because of you.

You saved me. I am heartbroken that I could not do the same for you.

You reached out to everyone in the world in the most selfless ways. You are a true hero in my eyes.

Blue skies always my dear friend. You are free...

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'm glad I got to jump with him this last weekend; he had words of encouragement on every jump.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

One of my favorite pictures from my favorite jump.
Sunrise jump 2008

He kept holding Jim's hand and gazing out the door at the sun coming up that morning. It was so cute and funny!

The second is from my 200th jump. I was so excited to have him on it. Then he got stuck holding the hoop. :o

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

Michael was the most consistently good-natured person I think I've ever met at a DZ. He seemed to never have a bad or downbeat thing to say, no matter how long a weather hold, maintenance delay, etc. Michael encouraged me through World Team tryouts and frustrations with nothing but the most positive of attitudes. He just seemed to be a purely nice guy.

I showed up one morning at Skydive Dallas to jump and didn't have my logbook. They asked me if I knew anyone who jumped there and could vouch for me. I gave them Michael's name and they called his cell phone. It turns out he was in Hawaii on business and it was about 4:00 AM. He cracked a few jokes and told them to let me jump. I can't imagine being in such a good mood after being awakened at 0400.

I'll miss you, Michael. I'm sad that we will never jump together again.

Blu Skies, Brother,

Kevin

This really sucks. He joined us in Belize in February and had a great time. I hadn't seen him in about 10 years and it was fun to catch up and make some leaps together.

There were many posts about this on Facebook today. He just couldn't face life anymore. So sad...[:/]

Fly Free Michael...