SkymonkeyONE

Captain Jim "Phantom" Kime

The mayor of Skydive City just died of natural (albeit premature) causes. We are all devastated. Jim was a Master Mariner. He held the highest qualification of sea captain. He was a fantastic big-way skydiver. He was a great drinking/party partner. I can't even describe to you unknowing's how cool he was. Man, how bad does it suck that the had to die from natural causes.... He had been ill for over a month. He would not answer our calls the past several weeks. He, for whatever reason, did not want to drag us into his personal dilema. Man, it sucks. How I wish we (the true friends) could have spent the last few days with him.

I made him proud tonight.

Chuck

I met Cap'n Jim in March 2001 in Z hills... I cant claim to have known him too well - but i always remembered him with fondness and gratitude. This sucks the big one...

to Phantom - Blue Ones and fly free..

And remember all - "When theres white caps on the swoop pond, dont manifest me!"

Genie

Even in freefall (as seen in closeup fotos), he'd have that toothpick sticking out of his mouth.
Who will inherit that toothpick?

Phantom is up there with Johnny where the clocks say 4:20 for eternity.

Blue Skies!

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

I bulk emailed everyone on our mailing list, the details of the memorial viewing:

Captain Jim Kime aka 'Phantom'
11/04/1947-05/24/2009

If you had not heard already, Phantom passed away this past Sunday and there will be a memorial viewing at Hodges Family Funeral Home, 36327 State Road 54, Zephyrhills, FL, this Friday the 29th from 4pm to 6pm

We invite all his friends and family to come and tell stupid skydiving stories and such - we will see you there.......

TK

Yeah, I heard via the email.. Very sad indeed :( ZHills won't be the same without him..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

its really sad news to hear that jim had passed away.it was jim who picked me up at the airport in tampa,on my first visit to h-hills,and he made me feel very welcome indeed on my trips to zhills.
he will be sorely missed by all of the irish bomb squad!!

RIP Phantom

see you on the other side.

all your friends from ireland

I met Jim at Zhills on February 2008.

We went together to the airport and Orlando, and we have some nice drinking nights at Zhills bar.
Unfortunately he has some medical problem at time and I didn't manage to jump with him.

I'll come next february again an Zhills and I was thinking that this time I would able to skydive with Jim.

He was such a nice Guy.

Very SAD news:(

Blue skies forever Jim

I was there when City Hall was dedicated and I had a chance to party a little with "Phantom" then as well as other times visiting Z-hills. A person always experienced good vibes coming from Jim. He will definitely be missed.

Muff, Muff and fly free
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.